Eduard Bf 109....

6 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

That sounds like a plan, if only I had another one..

That's why you need an Eduard 109 stash within your stash, I was shocked to find I only had the one Eduard Bf 109F-4, good job it's just been re-issued. :hmmm:

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Some might say to much stuff, others to little space...

Quite right, I always say that you can never have too many kits, paint, tools or modelling time. :idea:

7 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

That's why you need an Eduard 109 stash within your stash, I was shocked to find I only had the one Eduard Bf 109F-4, good job it's just been re-issued. :hmmm:

Ahhhh, a sub-stash within the secondary stash....🤔😊

I've an F2 and G2 profipack coming and a G6 AS and a G6 Regensburg weekend edition in the now called "sub-stash", could refer to it as the ss but they never had a winged section.

I've some Es knocking around too...

Does this count?

However an ugly problem has arisen....Eduard Fw 190s and Spitfires, eduard box art these days is too good!!

Bob, you're a very bad influence, you make the acquisition of these things sound far to acceptable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Bob, you're a very bad influence, you make the acquisition of these things sound far to acceptable!

Guilty as charged, I have a sub-stash of those new FW 190s and Spitfires as well!  Now I've been Vulcanised as well. 🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

However an ugly problem has arisen....Eduard Fw 190s and Spitfires, eduard box art these days is too good!!

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Guilty as charged, I have a sub-stash of those new FW 190s and Spitfires as well!  Now I've been Vulcanised as well. 🙄

Do we need a 190 STGB as well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col. said:

Well, I would certainly be up for that, :like:  I will be posting new photos of my 109 builds today, and as you are involved with the Hellcat GB, I was so tempted to join that with this old Otaki kit I have,

IMG_1666

Apparently it's quite an accurate kit, certainly better than the Trumpy one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Col. said:

9 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Well, I would certainly be up for that, :like:  

Ooooh go on then if you twist my arm....somehow these eduard kits are multiplying.

It appears rabbits have nothing on these boys!🤫😳

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

with this old Otaki kit I have,

Didn't airfix rebox it years ago.... remember reading a build in MIS ages ago and it came out really well!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Very nearly hit buy on both the Eduard spitfire mk1 and 2 sets... So much better value than buying them singularly...

Trying to keep the Vulcan off the radar for the time being....remember I don't build wingy things....:whistle:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Very nearly hit buy on both the Eduard spitfire mk1 and 2 sets... So much better value than buying them singularly...

I bought the Mk.I set "The Few" if you like your Spitfire with rivets it's the one to go for, if not the 2019 Tamiya Spitfire is very good but you have to know your subject as Tamiya has all the bits in the box but their instructions are a bit....confused (I mean, IFF wires on a pre-war aircraft. 🤣)  And Eduard refuse to believe that any Battle of Britain Spitfires had powered hydraulic undercarriage selection even though there is a pre-BoB Spitfire with black and white underside camouflage on a 1940 film that shows it had a powered hydraulic selector in the cockpit.  I tell you it's as confusing as Tiger tanks. :doh:

14 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Trying to keep the Vulcan off the radar for the time being....remember I don't build wingy things....:whistle:

There's another rabbit hole to get lost down.  I picked a plane to build and I find out it had different engines to the ones in the kit (there will be some correct AM ones on the market soon) and why it had a blue missile attached, all the rest were white?

Vulcan 617 BS.

Just look at it ....  you know you want one. :wicked:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Didn't airfix rebox it years ago.... remember reading a build in MIS ages ago and it came out really well!

The original Otaki is from 1975, then Arii re-released it in 1980 and yes it even appeared in an Airfix box in 2000.  It's a bit clunky compared to the Eduard kit (I have 3) but mine has an Aires resin cockpit, Aeromaster decals and some Eduard wheels so it will polish up nicely. :winkgrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

I bought the Mk.I set "The Few" if you like your Spitfire with rivets it's the one to go for, if not the 2019 Tamiya Spitfire is very good but you have to know your subject as Tamiya has all the bits in the box but their instructions are a bit....confused (I mean, IFF wires on a pre-war aircraft. 🤣)  And Eduard refuse to believe that any Battle of Britain Spitfires had powered hydraulic undercarriage selection even though there is a pre-BoB Spitfire with black and white underside camouflage on a 1940 film that shows it had a powered hydraulic selector in the cockpit.  I tell you it's as confusing as Tiger tanks. :doh:

There's another rabbit hole to get lost down.  I picked a plane to build and I find out it had different engines to the ones in the kit (there will be some correct AM ones on the market soon) and why it had a blue missile attached, all the rest were white?

Just look at it ....  you know you want one. :wicked:

Quite the quandary.... I'm no rivet counter but might as well be right.

But yes, undecided between the two. I'd guess the Tamiya is the quicker build, perhaps have to try both..😉

I could probably manage the Eduard set and a Tamiya one for the price of a Dragon Tiger!!

I really don't need persuading regarding a Vulcan thank you very much, just ordered another bunch of 109s thanks to you! 😠  🤫😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I could probably manage the Eduard set and a Tamiya one for the price of a Dragon Tiger!!

Easily, if you count the cost of some new AM tracks to replace the DS supplied ones. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I really don't need persuading regarding a Vulcan thank you very much, just ordered another bunch of 109s thanks to you! 😠  🤫😉

That's the spirit, keep away from those big tin triangles, but don't forget those lovely new FW 190 kits. :like:

• Haha 2

On 7/6/2021 at 11:07 AM, Retired Bob said:

Well, I would certainly be up for that, :like:  I will be posting new photos of my 109 builds today, and as you are involved with the Hellcat GB, I was so tempted to join that with this old Otaki kit I have,

IMG_1666

You'll be most welcome in the Hellcat GB with this one :yahoo:

17 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Ooooh go on then if you twist my arm....somehow these eduard kits are multiplying.

It appears rabbits have nothing on these boys!🤫😳

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes please !

6 hours ago, franky boy said:

Definitely!

Sounds as if I need to go and start a GB proposal thread... :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, Col. said:

Please do, I have more 190's in the stash than any other subject. I am lying but these are in my MLTB rather than TTTG category.  

On this thread, I really like it when the AFV guys cross over. Interesting use of weathering techniques in the pit. Like it. Looking forward to the updates.

Ray

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col. said:

You'll be most welcome in the Hellcat GB with this one :yahoo:

I'll see how my 109s go before joining another GB but it would be nice to build it after all these years. (45/46 years!)  As I mentioned to Darryl, I have an Aires resin and p/e cockpit set for it plus any spare parts from the three Eduard Hellcats in my stash.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Looking forward to the updates.

Me too....! 😉

13 hours ago, Ray_W said:

On this thread, I really like it when the AFV guys cross over. Interesting use of weathering techniques in the pit. Like it. 

Looking forward to mud, rust staining and piles of stowage too, must be tied down though! 

Any idea of the location for the tie downs...? 

I'd post an update but done little since the weekend apart from making a start masking the canopy. These mask sets have internal and external masks, great idea, just hope they work. 🤞

At least I can make tarps, just in case it goes 🍐shaped!

• Haha 2

I feel it's only fair to warn other modellers of the dangers of associating with certain members of this GB....No names mentioned so I'll just call him 🤔... Superannuated Robert.

Until starting this GB I'd no intention of adding to the loft insulation but the certain aforementioned "Superannuated Robert " appears to make this whole kit acquisition lark far too acceptable....

Let me tell you for your own wellbeing it most certainly is not!! It's a disease, an addiction, that is peddled by ne'er-do-wells trying to justify their own scandalous habit that has got out of hand...

This, this is what happens when things get out of hand and the dark side of the hobby rears its ugly and dangerous head...

spacer.pngUnfortunately this doesn't even include the brace of P51s and a Spitfire story Mk1 dual boxing...

Remember chaps, just say no, for the love of God, just say NO!!!

(It's ok @Retired Bob I didn't give you away, think I've protected your animosity!🤞)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

This, this is what happens when things get out of hand and the dark side of the hobby rears its ugly and dangerous head...

Darryl, if that's your real name....I'm glad you only have a mild case of how I suffer from this affliction. 🙄

If you feel watching this GB has affected you, there is a helpline available to prevent the purchase of any more kits. (It's from SWMBO)

Remember you are not on your own, there are others like you.....everywhere. :facepalm:

IMG_1679

(Those two FW190 boxes also contain a Bf 109G-6 and the Bunny Club boxes are combo kits with two Bf 109G-6 kits)

So Darryl (If that's your real name?) Do you think you have a problem yet?

I know I have.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Darryl, if that's your real name....I'm glad you only have a mild case of how I suffer from this affliction. 🙄

If you feel watching this GB has affected you, there is a helpline available to prevent the purchase of any more kits. (It's from SWMBO)

Remember you are not on your own, there are others like you.....everywhere. :facepalm:

IMG_1679

(Those two FW190 boxes also contain a Bf 109G-6 and the Bunny Club boxes are combo kits with two Bf 109G-6 kits)

I know I have.

Bob! You’ve got half the Luftwaffe there!

I’ve just picked up the re released Eduard F-4 Profipack and another Tamiya Emil this week. Resistance to more purchases is becoming increasingly difficult. I think the only thing that’s saving me right now is that the wife is still working from home and I’ll have a divorce on my hands if Eduard 109’s keep turning up at a rate!

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

IMG_1679

I know I have.

“We’re here to help...

Kit Buyers Anonymous... 

Toll free number....

1-800-Oh-I-Need-That

Group sessions, every Third Tuesday of the month...

Newcomers, and experienced purchasers welcome.”

;)

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

Bob! You’ve got half the Luftwaffe there!

The other half is in the FW190 stash, yes I have one of those as well, not quite as big but still impressive! :whistle:

Now you know why SWMBO has banned me from buying any more models, luckily she has had to return to work, just in time for the release of the Airfix Vulcans.

I have had the house extension to put the kits in now I just need a life extension to build all of them! :smile:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

I’ve just picked up the re released Eduard F-4 Profipack and another Tamiya Emil this week. Resistance to more purchases is becoming increasingly difficult. I think the only thing that’s saving me right now is that the wife is still working from home and I’ll have a divorce on my hands if Eduard 109’s keep turning up at a rate!

My problem (if it is a problem) started with me going on the Eduard site and joining the "Bunny Fighter Club" back when they had just started their Bf109s (after the bad one) there were special offers, with extra p/e or decals free to club members plus a good discount and if you spent over 100 euros ( about £85 then) you even got free postage.  Sadly most of that's finished just as I was getting into the swing of it with the new FW190 kits, but as you can see I did my best for Anglo/Czech relations.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I know I have.

Well that's a relief! I've most of the Hasegawa 109s but only singletons and now of course the eduard ones and of course the Tamiya Es

If only I could pass them all off to a good home...

As for the Bunny club, last one of those involved artificially ears a stick on tail and attire not designed for a cold winter...🤫

• Haha 2