What's better than one Diana? Twins! - FINISHED

Ok, I'm probably getting in over my head...but being a dual kit just building one doesn't actually open up any additional stash space so.....in we go to the deep end.

And with any trickyrich GB, a minimum amount of AM must be included.  Whilst just a taste, I hope I've reached the resin minimums.  :P

I'll probably be taking this with my on my camping trip and work on some of the sub-assemblies and anything that can be brush painted.  All the major painting and finishing work will happen down the road after I've gotten the A-4 and Mustang builds clear of the bench.

The tough question is going to be how build them.....wheels up?  Or wheels down?  :hmmm: I keep going back and forth on this one right now.

51257071299_2c8e8a42e6_c.jpg

• Like 4

yes you're very lucky you included some AM stuff!!!  :fight:

She should look nice in that scheme....is it the "naughty Diana" or the PC version! 🤣

Good luck with the build...... will be expecting you to complete them both on time! :fight:

I have a set of "Diana" decals but no model for them to go on......... have to add that to the ever growing list of stuff I have to buy! OMG I'm going to have to live way past 100 just to finish what I have in the stash! :whistle:

• Haha 1

Parts are washed.  Of note, there are 4 sprues that are not duplicated which will provide for the variances between the ADF & MLU updates. 

Another oddity...a Hasegawa kit that actually has some weapons (not a lot of them) and even more surprising...pilots (x4)!  :blink:

51286007231_1358545053_c.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

So I take it you can build 2 complete models from the one box??

Yep.  2 kits, 1 box.  :coolio:

These are just wee little ones though (1/72)...just in case you missed that part.

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

Yep.  2 kits, 1 box.  :coolio:

These are just wee little ones though (1/72)...just in case you missed that part.

yes i did!!!  :(

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it's about time we drag this up from 3rd to last thread in the GB....:whistle:

Not much exciting work, but I did start putting together some of the sub-assemblies while I wait for my new fan to arrive.  My old fan finally crapped out, and since it was my exhaust fan from my spray area, all airbrush & spray painting operations are on hold temporarily.  

Italian ADF one the near side, and the Dutch MLU behind.  Scratch that...bits are all intermingled.  :rofl2:  The upper fuselages got swapped around.  The MLU has the extended tail cap.

51349038478_3100f63834_c.jpg

• Like 3

The airframe reinforcement plates were a nice little addition to help set the ADF & MLU apart.  Kudos to Hasegawa on that little detail.

51366098131_b8048736d1_c.jpg

• Like 7

Fuselages assembled, wings attached, canopies tinted.  Getting close to primer stage.  I do have a little bit of fill work to do on a couple lower wing roots, but it's pretty minor.  I probably could've gone a little heavier on the canopy tint, but it's always such a fine line between enough and too much, so opted to err on the side of caution.  It should have a nice sparkle in natural light though...at least so I hope.

51378142397_4c37112c92_c.jpg

• Like 3

More bits done during an online google meet with some guys on another forum.  Eduard HUDs were put together and will certainly add some nice cockpit detail.  Downside however was the cowling was too tall for the HUD to clear the canopy.  So a bit of surgery later and we have cowlings that are just low enough so the HUDS will clear the canopies.  A bit of time consuming work (and still not done, need to do a little fill work) but I think it will be worth it in the end w/ how prominent in the cockpit area the HUD is.  I've also got all the engine pieces cut out and fit up...just need some paint.  Engine fairings are attached.

51379544632_a05d373691_c.jpg

51380545068_9ccdb3c3b6_c.jpg

• Like 4

I tried to get a pic of the canopy tint for @Cookenbacher.  The pic is a little dark due to the metering from the white background to show how much (or rather how little) tint I ended up using.  The tint is a thinned mix of Tamiya smoke, clear orange, and a touch of titan gold for reflective properties.  

51391229416_8008d0741b_c.jpg

• Like 5

Now that Blitzbuild is out of the way, I can get back to these and the RAF Mustang.  I did a bit of work on the last night attaching canopies and misc antenna, so with a bit of luck I hope to have them in primer by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Snapped a couple pics w/ the phone yesterday.  Got the pitots installed...though I did launch one of the AOA probes somewhere.  I'll have to nip a little piece of wire to replace it.

In primer.

51423547491_312c248753_c.jpg

Base paint on the cans.  I'm going to spray a coat over the petals today, then do some dry brushing on the innards.

51422800102_e75cc7f940_c.jpg

• Like 1