Bodmin's Offering - Take 2

Bodmin

I'm a glutton for punishment. A second entry  in this group build will be this Heller 1/72 Dassault Mirage III that I again picked up in a warehouse deal for a massive £9.08p. 

Going for the Belgian Airforce variant for my "Decoration" option as I like the box art.

Here's to making a better job of this one 🍻

spacer.png

• Like 4

Sometimes you can take more time taking pictures than actually putting the model together. In my case I got carried away and forgot to take many at all during my progress so far. Anyway, here is the latest state of affairs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As the kit didn't have cockpit decals, I decided to use those I didn't use from my Storch build to add a little interest to the cockpit area.

y4mgXwtGnvTkgpBm30gaJouJgLX7IrmN_ZaRkoGf

• Like 5

Hi Bodmin. I'm pleased you've decided to do another build for this GB. Hopefully you'll have a better experience with this one. It's looking rather good so far. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

36 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

I'm pleased you've decided to do another build for this GB. Hopefully you'll have a better experience with this one. It's looking rather good so far. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix. It's moving along quite nicely so far. As for doing another build for the GB...why not? It's a damn good topic. Allows a cheap and cheerful way to get involved (from my perspective anyway). Gee I may even do a third 😆

• Like 1

Pleased with the paint job so far in comparison to the last build. Stuck to acrylics this time, although I still struggle to get humbrol through my airbrush at any consistency thicker than water. Had far better luck with Tamiya and although not the exact colours called up for I'd say I've got away with it. I did do some pre-shading but too many paint layers has buried it all.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Hi Bodmin, Well that's looking excellent from where I'm sitting! Lovely stuff! :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like it will be long before it's in the Gallery!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Bodmin. 

On 12/07/2021 at 20:33, Bodmin said:

Pretty happy with the result

.. and so you should be!! It looks absolutely superb in the Gallery. Very impressive finish overall! :worthy:

Thank you for building it in this GB. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bodmin said:

Sometimes you can take more time taking pictures than actually putting the model together.

The bane of Blitzbuilds! That's a great Mirage, and the colours look great. Who's to say they're not 'exact' anyway, colours look different dependent on light conditions anyway and your camouflage looks spot on to me. I'd say that's a result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natter said:

The bane of Blitzbuilds! That's a great Mirage, and the colours look great. Who's to say they're not 'exact' anyway, colours look different dependent on light conditions anyway and your camouflage looks spot on to me. I'd say that's a result.

Cheers Dave, much appreciated.