1/144th DH89 and DC-3

A couple 1/144thtypes  from my shelf of doom unfinished builds.   The DH89 is the never released kit fBy John Adams of Aeroclub fame and the DC-3 is the Minicraft kit.

First the Drag Rap:

DH-89A ZK-AKY of Ritchie Air Services , New Zealand 1950s.

aMeNd4.jpg

IdlPos.jpg

KR8Wz7.jpg

Not sure why the gap in the cheat line, I'll have to ask the Old Model Decals chap.
v1YwOv.jpg

9Nlb0F.jpg

Not brilliant but at least after many years languishing in my unfinished works its out to be aired.
KrmzGg.jpg

EuW9me.jpg

Looking tiny against the 787!  ( in the same scale!!!)

Next, the Minicraft DC-3 as CF-IHO of Pacific Western Airlines Canada post war period of around the 1960s???   Decals by Leading Edge. The decals I had were very old about 1990 something and were tricky to get to stay in place. But under normal times the LEM decals are vey good.

4W30LM.jpg

1TQs3G.jpg

WMFhke.jpg

cTt7Z5.jpg

bwWNr4.jpg

gKk4NP.jpg

S8dRMc.jpg

This last pic has a Anson, tucking itself in among the Dak and Drag Rap, which I had lurking nearby but built a long time ago from the Welsh Models kit. ( not unlike an Aeroclub one). Its quite large against the Rapide and not too much smaller than the Dak!

• Like 21

Nice work Paul but I'm pretty sure John did release the DH89A. I have an unbuilt one with AA decals which I bought from him at the Scottish National a few years ago. Seeing yours makes me thing I should actually build it!  I'm pretty sure you could also get it with decals for Railway Air Services

Dave G 

46 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Nice work Paul but I'm pretty sure John did release the DH89A. I have an unbuilt one with AA decals which I bought from him at the Scottish National a few years ago. Seeing yours makes me thing I should actually build it!  I'm pretty sure you could also get it with decals for Railway Air Services

Dave G 

Thanks . I wasn't sure if it ever got released. I got mine at Southern Expo several years ago on pre release and at the time wasn't certain if it was going to be. So mine was really a test shot with no decals or instructions etc. Just a poly bag with scaled down plans.

9 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I'm pretty sure John did release the DH89A

John did release a DH89a, I've got a stack of them, but it's not the kit that @Paul J has built above, which was essentially a few test shots that escaped his workshop - I managed to wangle a set off him and built is as a BEA Peony scheme one. After a fair bit of persuading John  reworked or retooled the kit, added etch brass and decals (though I have several bagged no decals kits), a much better kit all round.

Mine's here in John's thread about the kit