Focke Wulf Fw190A-4, Channel front

Hi all

This is Hasegawa's 1/48 Fw190A-4, finished in the markings of Oblt. Otto Stammberger's 'Weiss 9' of 4/JG26 in 1943.  Stammberger was shot down in this aircraft on 13th May 43, during a dogfight with Spitfires of 331 (Norwegian) sqdn RAF over St Omer.  He baled out with a damaged parachute, which did not fully open, so he hit the ground pretty hard and spent the next 10 days in a coma.  He did return to combat duty, but after a total of seven victories he ended the war in various staff positions,  He became manager of a large department store in Germany after the war, passing away in 2001 aged 81.  Painted with various Vallejo and Mig mixes.  As always, comments welcome.. :) 

qbJMPqy.jpg?1

pqwgU7G.jpg?1

lpf1i67.jpg

H7pLf9o.jpg

xq9LiNy.jpg

E5wCzmf.jpg

HzLvRKa.jpg

6qdhCPT.jpg

Edited by Werdna
edited for accuracy (331 sqdn)
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boman said:

Nice! But I wonder if it should be 331(N) RAF squadron and not RNZAF? RNZAF squadrons where in the 4xx-series, but 331sq was a RNoAF unit ?

Yes, I think you are correct.  I lifted the squadron info from the Kracker Luftwaffe archive, but it looks like 331 was indeed Norwegian and not RNZAF.  I've updated the post to reflect that - thanks :) 

• Like 1