CAC Ceres

I have just completed the 1/72 Ceres - an excellent resin kit made by LiftHere! from Serbia. It is pretty much out-of-the-box but i have added the fuel gauge indicators on the wings either side of the cockpit and the latch for the hopper in front of the cockpit. The leading edge slats are mounted on small staples.

The aluminium is Tamiya LP11 and the Dayglo Orange is Mr Color.

51251541052_37e0a94172_h.jpg

51253017109_815697a2c7_h.jpg

51252265671_89abea4434_h.jpg

51252265711_b5e531db83_h.jpg

51252466028_2233fe46ad_h.jpg

I could not have done the model to a reasonable standard without the only reference book on the Ceres

https://www.amazon.com.au/Commonwealth-Aircraft-Corporation-Ceres-Heavyweight/dp/0994571305

Edited by VH-JEB
  • Like 34

A nice looking model. I have Derek Buckmaster's book and had thought about making one by converying a Wirraway. Kits normally only come available once I've spent ages doing a conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work!  Coincidentally I finished in 2019 the Superspread Wirraway - the unsuccessful experiment that led to the Ceres (guess that means it was a successful experiment?). Model a conversion from the Special Hobby 1.48 Wirraway kit.  Thanks again to @Derek_B for the definitive reference book on the Ceres!  

DSC01916

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great result. Worthy subject for a model, the old Ceres. Love the popped slats. In these nasty Covid times, I'd be sorely tempted to refer to it as The Super Spreader. Cheers!

Edited by Maginot
stupidity
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...