AMT 1/25 1967 Shelby GT-350

So next up on the bench is this kit from amt. My first impressions of this kit are .....well.....the fitment of the parts to make up the shell are a little hit and miss shall we say ๐Ÿ™„. Also the instructions would have you leave the front and rear panels off until later in the build. This imo isn't a realistic option because of the work involved in trying to line up all the various parts. So I've done my best to make the shell look reasonably well put together and hopefully with a little more fettling it should look ok. Whether or not i can fit the body and chassis together building it this way I'm not sure but I have dry fitted the chassis in position and it seems to fit ok. As for body colour well I was going for black but my son mentioned the metallic grey used on the Eleanor car and now I'm not sure so what do you guys suggest ๐Ÿค”. Anyway here's a few pic's of the shell in primer like I say not perfect but should be ok when finishedย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

So now I just need to settle on the final body colour any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

ย 

Nice looking shell Andy, always liked these in the dark green as in the film Bullet.

ย 

ย  Stay safeย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Rogerย 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Six97s said:

That's a nice colour but as I've just finished a blue car i fancy a different colour ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

42 minutes ago, Hamden said:

ย 

Nice looking shell Andy, always liked these in the dark green as in the film Bullet.

ย 

ย  Stay safeย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Rogerย 

Thanks Roger Highland Green is a fantastic choice and one for a future build i have planned ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I've got one of these in progress also previously built one a few years ago. The chassis will go in with the body shell in one piece, fear not.

ย 

Mine will be black with white stripes to compliment my Boss 302 model which is white with black accents.

ย 

All the best, Steve.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Blimey you don't hang around do you! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

My two pennies worth for the colour choice would be the metallic grey.

Yep Metallic Pepper Grey with white stripes is probably going to be my choice but I'm still not 100% sure ๐Ÿค”

Good luck with this Mustang.ย 

A while ago I saw this modelyearย 

in black with a bright red racingstripe in the middle, equipped with polished rims in "American Racing".ย 

I think this kind of aggressive appearance suits this car real good...ย 

my opinion ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿค—

Marco Fย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, triumphfan said:

I've got one of these in progress also previously built one a few years ago. The chassis will go in with the body shell in one piece, fear not.

ย 

Mine will be black with white stripes to compliment my Boss 302 model which is white with black accents.

ย 

All the best, Steve.

Cheers Steve I can now rest easier ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘. Black with white stripes was my original choice but I'm leaning towards the metallic grey with white stripes now ๐Ÿ™‚. Thanks for the information much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Good luck with this Mustang.ย 

A while ago I saw this modelyearย 

in black with a bright red racingstripe in the middle, equipped with polished rims in "American Racing".ย 

I think this kind of aggressive appearance suits this car real good...ย 

my opinion ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿค—

Marco Fย 

Thanks Marco this car has aggression written all over it imo ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

10 minutes ago, dbostream said:

I would go with black.

That was my original choice and I may still go with it ๐Ÿค”. I think I'll sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

So an update on the colour choice for this buildย 

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

This paint was available in a 30ml jar so that clinched it for me should look ok with the white stripes methinks ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

Good start on the shell Andy!

ย 

Have you bought that Zero paint yet? Just that I'm sure I've seen it used on a build and it was a typical Zero thing of just using full size car paint and the metallic flakes looked humungous. If you're not actually doing the movie car possibly something like Tamiya laquer light gunmetal would give a similar effect....??

ย 

Personally I was going to say black....!! ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

K

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Good start on the shell Andy!

ย 

Have you bought that Zero paint yet? Just that I'm sure I've seen it used on a build and it was a typical Zero thing of just using full size car paint and the metallic flakes looked humungous. If you're not actually doing the movie car possibly something like Tamiya laquer light gunmetal would give a similar effect....??

ย 

Personally I was going to say black....!! ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

K

Already ordered the paint mate so fingers crossed it works out ok ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

Ok so I've inadvertently caused myself a conundrum ๐Ÿ™„. In anticipation of my zero paints delivery I decided that a black primer would be required to allow the metallic pepper grey to really pop. Nothing wrong with that idea and the primer went down great however the problem is that seeing the shell in black has got me wondering about my colour choice......do I go for black which was my original choice or do I use the metallic pepper grey ๐Ÿค”. Here's a couple of pics of the shell in black primer i would be interested in your thoughts pleaseย 

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

See what I mean somehow the black just seems to work ๐Ÿค”.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Andy J said:

do I go for black which was my original choice

ย 

Yes

ย 

16 minutes ago, Andy J said:

or do I use the metallic pepper grey

ย 

No.

ย 

Sorted that for you.... :)

ย 

Oh, and you can always buy another kit to spray grey... :whistle:

ย 

K

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

Black looks good. I can see why you have second thoughts.ย 

Exactly John....decisions....decisions ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

Yes

ย 

ย 

No.

ย 

Sorted that for you.... :)

ย 

Oh, and you can always buy another kit to spray grey... :whistle:

ย 

K

Hmm interesting idea....I'm edging towards the black Keith....especially if it means doing some shopping ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘. And after all buying another kit was your idea.....again....so its a win win i reckon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Six97s said:

I'd go with black.ย ย  That Eleanor nonsense is well past its sell by date.

Well that's straight to the point and I'm not arguing....black it is ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I reckon it was meant to be....look what I just found hiding in the paint stash.....perfect I reckon ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

Decision made....but the pepper grey will show itself....just not on this build ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 6