More scumbaggery

IanHx

2 hours ago, Veltro said:

Don't even get me started on ambulance chasers 🤬......no fault accident a few years back, the calls went on for months afterwards. One rang us 27 times in one day until I reported them.

I've read somewhere about a chap who received one of those calls, and led them along, until the point where he was asked

"and what injuries did you sustain?"

And he replied

" I got killed in the crash"

Immediate end of call.

Personally, I wouldn't use that, it seems too much like tempting fate, but I do occasionally tease them by asking, in a puzzled tone, "I had an accident? When was that? Was I hurt?" 

they usually hang up at " when was that? "

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had an ambulance chaser call me after i was rear ended at a roundabout a couple of years back. 

Decided to play along and he asked what injuries i had sustained. Told him i'd lost a leg but it had grown back. 

He got a bit miffed at this point and asked why i had wasted his time. Well, i said, as your wasting mine i feel its only fair i wasted yours in return! 

At this point he hung up.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

I had an ambulance chaser call me after i was rear ended at a roundabout a couple of years back. 

Decided to play along and he asked what injuries i had sustained. Told him i'd lost a leg but it had grown back. 

He got a bit miffed at this point and asked why i had wasted his time. Well, i said, as your wasting mine i feel its only fair i wasted yours in return! 

Regards,

Steve

Oh, I like that. No objections if I use it?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

I've tried the time wasting approach in the past: once I even had the ambulance chaser's supervisor cut into the call and threaten to bill me for the cost of their time which I had wasted :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Regards,

Steve

That is funny. I wish I'd thought of that approach! 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whofan said:

I've read somewhere about a chap who received one of those calls, and led them along, until the point where he was asked

"and what injuries did you sustain?"

And he replied

" I got killed in the crash"

Immediate end of call.

Personally, I wouldn't use that, it seems too much like tempting fate, but I do occasionally tease them by asking, in a puzzled tone, "I had an accident? When was that? Was I hurt?" 

they usually hang up at " when was that? "

They really are a pain in the proverbial. The thing is, we were rear ended by someone who was rear ended by someone who was rear ended by the bloke that caused it all. So it was a chain reaction. We were at the front of the queue so luckily we didn't get shunted into the back of someone else. Not only did my insurance rocket when it was due for renewal (despite it not being my fault), I got bombarded with calls trying to get me to sue the bloke who hit us even though it wasn't his fault and he, like us, were just innocent bystanders. Doubtless he was getting plagued with calls to sue the woman who'd been pushed into him. These people give a whole new meaning to the word parasite.

• Like 1

• Julien locked this topic