Tamiya SAS Jeep

Vintage Tamiya kits. Stowage scratch built and some parts enhanced. I did not correct the 3 handle of the jerry cans as wanted to just preserved the original kit's part and to avoid further spending on the kit. Enjoy!

Ou9wK76.jpg?1

lIhnWSh.jpg?1

xkBIy5c.jpg?1

C8Obhlm.jpg?1

• Like 22

Well done, this is the first Tamiya model i ever built back in the mist's  of time ,still have it somewhere. Your model is excellent, looks great. 

3 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice, but they are going to lose that shovel ;)

Nice spot John. Thought no one will noticed. Just got burned out and lazy to put a strap on a last minute change of position. I was intending to place it on top of the hood but forget about it actually. 

Cheers,

Raphael

Nice build and finish. The addition of the condenser tube and the bonnet fasteners really bring it out of the seventies. Like Homer, that is one of the first Tamiya kits I built back in the eighties.

Cheers Neil

nice looking vintage kit. i always struggle with "wheels forward or wheels turned" and you have presented a plausible argument for the latter! thanks

two observations:

the occupants' skin color is close to their uniform color. more differentiation would offer contrast.

even if the gas tanks were all issued at the same time from the same supply depot, their aging would be at different rates & degrees of degradation. if their color were to vary a bit more from each other i think the story would be more                                              interesting.

Thank you all and much appreciated.

Charles, your input noted. With regards to the uniform-skin tone contrast, the camera and flash photography might have mislead you to see it this way and so as the jerry cans. In the actual model it is clear that the contrast between the skin and uniform is very clear. The jerry cans also have subtle difference in the actual model.