Washing/curing station query.

Michael Morris

I've just pressed the 'buy' button on an Elegoo Mars 2 mono printer and some water washable resin.

This will be my first foray into 3d printing.

I'm not anticipating doing huge amounts of printing and have pretty limited space to house everything.

I've been looking at options for curing lamps, turntables and containers for washing and it strikes me that buying separate curing lamp, turntable and containers for washing may actually take just as much room as a Mercury curing/washing station, which are on offer for less than £100 at the moment and should be less faff to use.

What are your thoughts on this?  Are they worth it?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There are two stations available: a cure-only or a wash and cure. If you use water-washable resin, the curing station is not supposed to be used with water for the wash part. Still not sure why but those are the instructions. A plastic pickle drainer tub will do the job for washing, or just use the container that is supplied with the wash and cure unit but without the agitator installed. 

I ended up buying the wash and cure station, and it is about the same size as the printer, and very simple to use. 

anthony