At the back is a pouch with pull out drawings of the B-24

I just wondered if anyone knows

as the book is secondhand

if there was only ever one pull out sheet of drawings

or it there was more than one ?  

cheers

jerry 

Hi, Jerry;

There was one sheet of drawings in the pocket, which when unfolded measured 18" by 24" and printed on both sides.

We were highly pleased by these drawings, drawn by the incomparable George Hopp.  We were fortunately enough to obtain original Consolidated drawings, and, in addition, George and a team of helpers measured measured every inch of the Liberator in the National Capital Aviation Museum.  This gave us accurate drawings of the Ford-built Liberators, which had an entirely different panel structure.

Were there actual drawings in the pocket of your book?

Carl

• Like 2

Hi Carl 

Many thanks for the reply and your help in the past here on BM

Yes there is one sheet in the pocket and like the book is in very good condition, I think i got a bargain 

The book is excellent and the content is way beyond what i was expecting, especially for me the sections with info the west coast Libs 

It mentions other books , were there any others produced  after No 2 ? 

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

Unfortunately Carl only published two of the books in the planned Canada Wings series - the Blackburn Shark and the one you have, on the Liberators & Fortress.   I'm not sure of the backstory as to why only the two were published, but there you have it.

Scott

56 minutes ago, Scott Hemsley said:

Unfortunately Carl only published two of the books in the planned Canada Wings series - the Blackburn Shark and the one you have .......

Scott

Hi

Thanks I will keep an eye out for the other one 

that is hopefully within my hobby budget 

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry

16 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi Carl 

Many thanks for the reply and your help in the past here on BM

Yes there is one sheet in the pocket and like the book is in very good condition, I think i got a bargain 

The book is excellent and the content is way beyond what i was expecting, especially for me the sections with info the west coast Libs 

It mentions other books , were there any others produced  after No 2 ? 

cheers

jerry

I remember having looked for the Shark book now you mention the series, and checking for both on various sites I can only agree - you definitely got a bargain! But then most books on Canadian subjects seem to have gone through the roof since I bought mine, be it the Page books on the Avros, or Larry Milberry's works. But thanks for reminding me of the two and putting me on the search track 🙂

5 hours ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi Chris

Thanks exactly the same as the ones that came with the book I have 

cheers

jerry 

I bought mine online a few years ago, but I don't remember where from now. I also have two copies of Carl's Shark book. A soft-covered one and a hard-cover with a similar fold-out sheet at the back. Some years ago, I managed to get a free copy of the Shark fold-out through IPMSCanada. 

Chris