Airfix Harrier GR.9 in 1/72 scale

2 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

I have to agree with Getting Old about the first photo. It gave me aural hallucinations – echoes of footsteps and a dropped spanner…

Superb modelling and ditto photography!

Kind regards,

Joachim

That’s really kind, thank you! 

1 minute ago, Learstang said:

Brilliant job, and an excellent advert for the Airfix kit!

Regards,

Jason

Thank you, it certainly went together nicely and even without the aftermarket bits, could look fabulous ‘oob’ 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

I've been wanting to purchase a late model Harrier for quite some time so it looks like this might fit the bill.

Best Regards,

Jason

It's certainly had very good reviews. If I could go back in time, I'd personally purchase the GR7A/GR9A kit (Airfix ref A04050) rather than this GR9A starter set (A55300) as I think they share the same moulds, but the GR7A boxing has a much better decal sheet with many more stencils, MDC decals for the canopy, weapons decals etc. Not a huge issue but it meant I was sourcing stencil decals from various places when it would have been nice to have more than the very small decal sheet which came with this kit! Maybe the starter sets are aimed at a different market.

• Like 1

Yes, I think the starter kits are aimed at younger modellers. I am definitely NOT a young modeller! Old and grizzled modeller is more like it! Even though it's hopelessly out of date, I wish I could find my old 1/24th scale Harrier - I bought it when it was new, but I have no idea what happened to it. And it's not like it was a small kit (or box) either. I just looked on eBay and found one with the bidding starting at 99.99USD - a bargain.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gazza l said:

Very nice work, I particularly like the hanger shots... I thought it was real initially.

gazza l

Thank you, it’s a safe bet the hangar will be making an outing for pretty well every modern military jet I build nowadays! 🤣

Just now, F-32 said:

Lovely build, looks spot on

Cheers!

• Like 1

This is one impressive rendition of the famed Harrier.  Your attention to detail is to be commended.  There`s a lot to like about this one.  The positive review of the kit makes me wanting to move it up in the build queue.  Very nice!!!!! :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2021 at 00:39, Sky Keg said:

This is one impressive rendition of the famed Harrier.  Your attention to detail is to be commended.  There`s a lot to like about this one.  The positive review of the kit makes me wanting to move it up in the build queue.  Very nice!!!!! :like:

Mike

Very kind, thank you!

• Like 1