Tamiya 1/24 Alpine A110 Monte-Carlo 71

So another one for the collection and a kit I've been looking forward to building for a long time. Although I paid a bit more for the kit than I probably should have i did receive a kit in great condition considering it was pre owned. The shell was painted with zero paints Alpine Blue and cleared with zero paints 2K clear and I think the final colour is pretty much spot on. The build was pretty straightforward though fitting the shell to the chassis was a bit of a challenge because the fitment is very tight indeed. Here's a few pic's of the finished build 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So time to start the next one. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 26

Those decals really make it come to life! And the finish on the body is superb.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get that backdrop? Perfect for car model photos!

Nick

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Those decals really make it come to life! And the finish on the body is superb.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get that backdrop? Perfect for car model photos!

Nick

Thanks Nick I appreciate your comment mate 👍. The backdrop is from coastal kits a display company based in Blackpool I've had it a couple of years now and I've used it to display all sorts of different models. I think I paid around £20 plus delivery not bad really considering it's had a fair bit of use 🙂👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, galaxyg said:

Great end result of a classic rally car, nice and shiny too.

Thanks I'm pleased with the final result 🙂👍

13 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Top job again , Andy . I also like the background . Better than my green cushions ....🤣

Gary 

Thanks Gary I couldn't find green cushions anywhere maybe next time 😂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Fantastique. Love how this has turned out and the 2K gives a great glossy sheen. Another great one for the collection.👍👏

Thanks Stef time to start my muscle car collection methinks 😉👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

The Camaro first??

Not sure Stef.....I seem to have gathered together more muscle kits than I realised....infact I've come across a few more today but so far I've resisted the temptation 😉👍

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo that looks tasty Andy, you have captured the look of the real thing very well indeed. Great work fella. 

Chris

Thanks Chris I'm happy with the way it turned out mate 🙂👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Great little build there, as usual a good job done in double quick time. Definitely got me wanting to dig mine out of the stash now I've seen this!

Thanks Spiny it's a very good kit mate and one crossed off my bucket list 🙂👍

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

Hello Andy, 

this is a real little beauty!! 

Fantastic outcome, congratulations. 

And very fine pics too, the background gives the illusion of a 1:1 car. 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco I've been using the background for ages it's just a simple and quick way for me to present finished builds 🙂👍

10 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Great build of an iconic car Andy.

Thanks and I agree a fabulous car one of my all time favourites without a doubt 🙂👍

33 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Andy, Hope you don't mind me adding these interesting versions, EA Safari Rally version, just for the rivet counters 🤣 here

and a group 4 here

Wow don't mind at all if I could find the necessary extra parts and decals id be all over this like a rash 🙂👍

• Like 1

That's just too nice Andy - another cracking job, beautiful build again, and looking very rallyish indeed!! :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Wow don't mind at all if I could find the necessary extra parts and decals id be all over this like a rash

Scale Production do (did?) a Grp 4 shell which unfortunately has been out of stock forever as I want one too as I've got a very nice Studio 27 decal sheet to put on it!! :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's just too nice Andy - another cracking job, beautiful build again, and looking very rallyish indeed!! :thumbsup:

Scale Production do (did?) a Grp 4 shell which unfortunately has been out of stock forever as I want one too as I've got a very nice Studio 27 decal sheet to put on it!! :)

Thanks Keith if you ever come across the Grp 4 shell please let me know 🙂👍

On 15/06/2021 at 16:49, Andy J said:

The backdrop is from coastal kits a display company based in Blackpool

Who have just gained a new customer! I'll be using their background and base set with my prelude when it is finished. Thanks for the info. 

Nick

• Like 1