spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I recently finished up the new Border Model Crusader III. This is one of my favorite tanks and it was quite a fun build, plus it was quite a departure from all of the drab green vehicles that I've been painting lately.

The tracks are Friulmodel and the stowage is from Legend Productions, Panzer Art, and Value Gear, along with scratch tarps. It was painted with a mix of Tamiya, AK Real Color, and MRP paints, and weathered with Mig Productions and Ammo by Mig enamels. Comments and criticism welcomed as always!

• Like 64
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Nice work Scott! Superb paintwork and weathering! I like what you did with stowage as well.

Interesting choice of markings. Never saw them before on 6AD tanks. Is this from Tunisian campaign?

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks!

The markings are of my own choosing to represent my favorite army from the tabletop wargame Flames of War and are not meant to be historically accurate.

• Like 1

I have this in my stash. If I could reach even near this standard when I get round to build it I would be amazed. Superb work!

As a side note, does anyone know of a good stockist in the UK of the storage items that Scooty mentions?

Edited by Saeran
  • Like 1

That IS good. Really nice.

I'd love to get one of these but I'm waiting for the upgraded kit (for the senior modeller) with nice rubber band or Tamiya style link and length tracks.. 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, DaveBenyon said:

I like the shade of yellow, please could you tell me which paint you used?

It was based with XF-60 with a little bit of white added but the final color was a combination of layers using AK Real Color Light Stone (RC040) and MRP Light Stone (MRP-337).