1/350 Hasegawa Akagi Dec 7th 1941 first wave

2 hours ago, theskits62 said:

That is fantastic, and yes i like the seascape too ! So much detail i can well believe it took so long to complete. Well done !!

It must be huge i hope you have it under glass it would be a nightmare to dust !

Yes, the base is 91 cm so it takes a lot pf space. I slapped together a plastic cover to protect it from dust and the occasional accident

Edited by Bitzer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like this is your Magnum Opus, and rightfully so. Not only great building and painting on the model it self, but that seascape and figures really bring a sense of action rarely seen on models, especially ships. Great model of a beatiful ship, you should be really proud!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Bitzer,

I was just going through my pictures from Nationals and what do you  know - I have a picture of your ship on the tables.  Excellent job.  One of my favorite ships from the show. 

Why didn't you enter your model in 350 scale carriers?  I was all alone over there.

You aren't from Moscow, ID are you?  We may have met before in Boise.

Edited by PolarisPrime

12 hours ago, PolarisPrime said:

Hey Bitzer,

I was just going through my pictures from Nationals and what do you  know - I have a picture of your ship on the tables.  Excellent job.  One of my favorite ships from the show. 

Why didn't you enter your model in 350 scale carriers?  I was all alone over there.

You aren't from Moscow, ID are you?  We may have met before in Boise.

I live in Meridian, next to Boise and we may have met. The reason I didn't enter it in Carriers instead of Dioramas is because I'm portraying a scene which encompasses everything, ship, crew, planes and water. If I was to show it in carriers, the judges would have looked at the ship itself and all the other stuff would be superfluous. It did win third in Dios and considering the competition, I was pleased. The judges had over 6000 entries in the all and had a lot to look at. I'm sure they didn't have the time to put a magnifying glass to it. My next ship (the 350th IJN Takao) will be in ships in Omaha.

Are you going to the Boise contest this Oct? It will be there, and after that it will be donated to the Warhawk Museum in Nampa ID. for their Pearl Harbor display.

Thank you and everyone for the complements 😁

6 hours ago, Bitzer said:

I live in Meridian, next to Boise and we may have met. The reason I didn't enter it in Carriers instead of Dioramas is because I'm portraying a scene which encompasses everything, ship, crew, planes and water. If I was to show it in carriers, the judges would have looked at the ship itself and all the other stuff would be superfluous. It did win third in Dios and considering the competition, I was pleased. The judges had over 6000 entries in the all and had a lot to look at. I'm sure they didn't have the time to put a magnifying glass to it. My next ship (the 350th IJN Takao) will be in ships in Omaha.

Are you going to the Boise contest this Oct? It will be there, and after that it will be donated to the Warhawk Museum in Nampa ID. for their Pearl Harbor display.

Thank you and everyone for the complements 😁

I don't think I am going to Boise this year.  It's almost 7 hours for me to drive.  I was there a couple of years ago with my Prince of Wales model if you remember that. 

36 minutes ago, PolarisPrime said:

I don't think I am going to Boise this year.  It's almost 7 hours for me to drive.  I was there a couple of years ago with my Prince of Wales model if you remember that. 

Oh yeah, I remember! Beautiful build sir.

4 hours ago, Bitzer said:

Oh yeah, I remember! Beautiful build sir.

Thanks.  I plan on posting pictures of it here... some day.

Your Akagi was definitely one of my favorite models at the show.  Did you use all of the Hasegawa add-ons? EDIT - Never mind - I just went back and read your original post

Edited by PolarisPrime
  • Like 1