Antonov An-10A Cat - RusAir resin 1/144

zebra

I'm running out of time to build anything in this GB and we've got to the point where it's going to have to be something that will build up quickly, so I've decided on the RusAir An-10. For anyone unfamiliar with it (and I doubt these aircraft were seen in the west very often) the An-10 was an airliner that was developed in parallel with the more familiar (and successful) An-12 freighter. It wasn't a success, and was eclipsed by its contemporary, the Ilyushin Il-18.

Here's the box and the resin bits:

Rusair 1:144 An-10A

Looks like a nice kit, should go together pretty well. 

cheers

Julian

• Like 7

First and most important, it's great to have you back and rejoining the formation, you've been missed.

I salute you that at the stage in the GB when I'm wondering if I can get mine finished, you're along with a fresh start. And a lump of, what I take to be, Russian resin at that. Sure @trickyrich will be along soon, I'll just sit and watch!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

First and most important, it's great to have you back and rejoining the formation, you've been missed.

I salute you that at the stage in the GB when I'm wondering if I can get mine finished, you're along with a fresh start. And a lump of, what I take to be, Russian resin at that. Sure @trickyrich will be along soon, I'll just sit and watch!

Thanks! 

As lumps of Russian resin go, this seems to be a very nice one. I've assembled the fuselage and attached the nacelles to the wings. I've used a little filler on the fuselage, and there are a couple of bubbles to fill, but it's really pretty good. There are locating pegs and matching slots for the nacelles and they fit really well. So far so good!

An-10A WIP

cheers

Julian

• Like 4

This really is a top quality lump of Russian resin. I have a pretty much fully assembled airframe already. Fit of the wings, tailplanes and fin was excellent. I've got the Hobbyboss kit of this aircraft's fairly close relative the Shaanxi Y-8 and I can't see that being any easier to build. There's a little filler at the base of the fin that needs to set properly, then it'll be time to start priming.

An-10A WIP

cheers

Julian

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Life has been complicated and mojo-sapping for a few weeks but the mojo seems to be returning and I'm cracking on with getting this done. Most of the painting is done:

An-10A WIP

Going to try and make the GB deadline - I think I'll make it.

cheers

Julian

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zebra said:

Going to try and make the GB deadline - I think I'll make it

You got this! I'm not so sure about my final build getting over the line. If anyone's got a good idea about how I can ask @Enzo Matrix for an extension, now would be a good time; too hot, too cold, not enough weather, logisitics hold-ups?

• Thanks 1