Revell 1/144 F16C now two F16cs; now finished

welcome along with the first baby of the build! :thumbsup:

I was really hoping to see some 1/144th models in the build (still hoping @CliffBwill bring a 1/100th wee beastie to the build) and glad you have decided to build her. I do hope will cover all the scales and models in this GB.

That does look to be a very colourful scheme, it should look great.

Good luck with the build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve started cutting bits off the sprue. I’ll probably assemble it together over the weekend. Probably have something to show soon. Although atm I’m on a charge to get my anything but injection, unaired and less than a tenner entries moved on. 

resized_617b0d20-eef4-48df-9635-72956732

resized_6fb43245-0c00-4fbe-baac-9e15cec8

resized_63a7e174-7f5a-43b8-939a-5dee6995

resized_7c879dd2-b2de-4e5e-b17d-4cfb4259

resized_eea459e3-e7b8-4fae-852a-b4b1fbb6

resized_f9e72797-34c6-45f3-8f58-b608c542

My WIP floweth over :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Ekkkkk!!!  ........ and I thought I had too many projects going on at once! :yikes:

Believe it or not that’s probably only a quarter of my wip. I have three Bristols for the Bristol GB, eleven ( yes, eleven ) me 109s for that GB and a couple of shelf of doom builds ( a HP O/400, an albatross CIX, an Etterich Taube, a Fokker DR1 and an Airfix jeep) But the Flivver will be finished today and there are several others near the door.  I really should keep my wip down to single digits :) But I love starting projects and I sort of enjoy inching several projects along simultaneously.

Mostly it means that I can chose the kind of modelling I’m up for in a given day, ie a bit of oob modelling or some detail work or painting or fabrication a fit keeps my modelling interesting and varied. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

194d9dd8-a5ea-4e4b-b472-462060a5786a.jpeMain fuselage assembly in progress, as much lead shot as possible stuffed into the front; going to need a surprising amount of filling, the seams on the back of the fuselage and at the underside of the wings are ugly.

• Sad 1

On 6/30/2021 at 12:20 AM, trickyrich said:

Stuffing it with plastic is the only way to go in this case.

Absolutely. But funnily enough I’m finding things like this time and again on 1/144 kits it’s as if nobody tries to build them before releasing them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up a second one over the weekend, the box scheme is a tiger meet scheme and I’m tempted to use it but I have a few other candidates, the trouble being that there are so many cool F16 schemes out there.  

9cf38f32-c354-4af7-b531-7d9a2c59d56f.jpeThis is my current front runner.

• Marklo changed the title to Revell 1/144 F16C now two F16cs
  • 2 weeks later...

So I’ve found the instructions and decal sheet for F16 #2 and it’s exactly the same colour scheme but with different decals. I just can’t bring myself to do that so after a quick search on the interweb I have come up with a scheme I like which I can feasibly accomplish in the time available.

50325d88-27db-44d1-a039-ffb4d2997486.jpe

So we shall be going Arctic Agressor on F16#2 more to follow. The only man for both is to get primer, preshade and first camo colour on tomorrow.

resized_3851231d-dcf9-42e7-86df-6ad54a8dA little more work on the twins. Undercarriages now mostly attached. Minor gaff the tail on the gunslingers machine should have been light gray, only realised it when I had the decals on, not a lot I can do about it, we now just have the low contrast version ;) 

Don’t know how I managed it but I was able to carefully peel off the fin decals, paint the fin gray and then (extremely) carefully reattach the decal to the still wet tail, so more or less fixed ( yay)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1