Airfix Gladiator, the really OLD one

I got this kit in a grab bag of kits I bought. It's from the 1956 molds and even had the pilot's head molded in halves integral to the fuselage sides. There are many inaccuracies and omissions, so to build it 'right' would be a real waste of time as there are now many other much better representations, including Airfix's own excellent re-tooled one. But I decided to do it just for fun, so I did it as a desk model and since it was to be in flight, I added the 'spinning' prop. I also rigged it, which was not called for in the instructions, and added the antenna, which you may notice is the wrong configuration, but since there were so many other 'problems' and it was simpler to do this way, I settled for it amongst all the other inaccuracies, which includes the markings. The kit's decals were useless, so I got some out of the spares box. They actually belong to a Hawker Fury of First Squadron, but hey, in for a penny in for a pound, inaccuracy-wise.  

PXL_20210613_221041475

PXL_20210613_221121333

PXL_20210613_221150669.PORTRAIT

PXL_20210613_221047929

PXL_20210613_221429963

• Like 26

Lovely! Real ‘heritage’ modelling. 

I’m so pleased you built this ‘as is’ and didn’t try to upgrade it to modern standards; it’s much more interesting this way. 👍

• Like 3

She's a beauty!  :clap2:

I think you took the right approach and produced a wonderful tribute to what might have been done back in the day.

I say "might" because my skills in those times fell well short of what you have achieved.

But it is what I would have aspired to. 🙄