1/48 Revell/Hasegawa Royal Navy Phantom FG.1 892 Naval Air Squadron "zapped"

3 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

Beautiful, elegant work and i love the baseplate!

Its a stunning bird in flight pose.

minor nitpicking: the canopy gaps

Thank you. for some reason my clear parts sprue came with so much flash.  had to do alot of cutting and sanding to get it off and still could not get them to fit right.  

20 hours ago, reggie78usmc said:

Thanks bro! I am on the lookout for 29 Sqn decals in 1/48 for an FGR.2!

Reggie,

First and foremost, great build with your 892 NAS bird. I like the pose, for sure.

Funnily enough I have a desire to do the 'reverse' scheme - one of those infamous VMFA-531 'Grey Ghosts' F-4Ns that had to sport 892 NAS tail markings during a cross-deck exercise in order to disguise their presence aboard HMS Ark Royal during a port visit to Malta in the 1970s (At the time the Maltese Government had taken a very Anti-American stance).     

I may be able to help you out with 29 Sqn decals for your FGR.2. Let me know if I can help

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, At Sea said:

If you were ever to do another F-4K (FG.1) then the following should be observed

I wouldn't want to add any more flak to a very nice build, but I'm not sure about those Sidewinders.  They look like AIM-9L, and I'm fairly sure they'd be too late for a Fleet Air Arm Phantom, as they were passed to the RAF in 1978.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, Tiger331 said:

Reggie,

First and foremost, great build with your 892 NAS bird. I like the pose, for sure.

Funnily enough I have a desire to do the 'reverse' scheme - one of those infamous VMFA-531 'Grey Ghosts' F-4Ns that had to sport 892 NAS tail markings during a cross-deck exercise in order to disguise their presence aboard HMS Ark Royal during a port visit to Malta in the 1970s (At the time the Maltese Government had taken a very Anti-American stance).     

I may be able to help you out with 29 Sqn decals for your FGR.2. Let me know if I can help

I love the reverse scheme as well! I know Cut then Add Models is making a 1/48 set in those exact markings! I think they drop sometime later this month.  

Thanks for offering with the 29 Sqn decals.  I am looking for a set similar to when they painted the phantoms the barley grey.  specially red xxx over white ( similar to the marking on the Typhoons) and the logo of course  

21 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Great looking Phantom, well done sir!.  The tradition of zapping visiting aeroplanes goes back a long way- this one was one of the most memorable and amusing.

Colin.

This was a great Zap!

12 hours ago, pigsty said:

I wouldn't want to add any more flak to a very nice build, but I'm not sure about those Sidewinders.  They look like AIM-9L, and I'm fairly sure they'd be too late for a Fleet Air Arm Phantom, as they were passed to the RAF in 1978.

thanks they are AIM-9L's picked them up from a spares set I have