Ju188 A-3 Dragon 1/48 with torpedoes and Fug200 Hohentwiel radar

This is Dragon`s boxing of the Ju188 A-3, the torpedo bomber. Kit decals were unusable, so I chose +BR of 7./KG26 as found in Norway in May 1945. This aircraft`s profile as in Hasagawa`s 1/72 kit. I did not have the Werksnummer in my decals, so I handpainted it. The Fug200 (Hohentwiel Radar) is from Brengun. The parts are well made but a nightmare to assemble and fix in position. Some parts are bent, correction is impossible due to fragility. I took the fotos and put the model directly into a safe place. Seat belts are from Eduard, the PE is included in the kit. Resin wheels out of my spares box.

It is correct as many modellers say that the fit of the clear parts of the cockpit is not good. You have to widen the cockpit with a litte plastic between the cockpit floor and wall a mm or two, then the the fit is good. Paints are RLM70/71 from Tamiya, 65 and 76 from Gunze.

Comments are always welcome!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking!

Volker

• Like 42
  • Thanks 3

The Fug200 (Hohentwiel Radar) is from Brengun. The parts are well made but a nightmare to assemble and fix in position. Some parts are bent, correction is impossible due to fragility. 

Saying that radar is fragile is IMO, a gross understatement.  Assembling that alone, is 2-thumbs up in my book.

Scott

Edited by Scott Hemsley

Oh my!!!!!! Your attention to detail and patience are superb.  Excellent results on this complex aircraft.  I like it a lot!!!!! :like:

Mike

• Like 1

Very nice work. Your squiggles are well done. The aerials do make a difference.  I dealt I could have done them on mine. Your canopy came out well. I did have a bit of difficulty with that. Still the plane is one of the most commented on in my cabinet. I'm sure it will be the same for yours.

For the radar and the squiggle camo alone I am in awe.  It almost takes some effort to look past that and see the quality of build underneath.

Excellent!