Hawker Hunter T.72 XE688 - Fisher / Revell 1/32

Yep. I've sold my soul for a slice of heaven.

PXL_20210612_100213757

PXL_20210612_100317942

Not an ideal start in that it's the 8C and not the T.7 conversion, but considering what happened to the Fishers I'll take what I can get when it appears on eBay.

But! Considering the prices that T.7 sets have been going for recently, I am not complaining. 

I must admit that I was unsure as to what I would receive as the seller showed both the 'C' and 'M' noses in the listing. Luckily it was this. 

Anyway, me being me and wanting to model things close to home, I have chosen to build HHA's XE668, the ex-Embraer chase plane PP-XHH.

This is currently the only airworthy two-seat Hunter in the UK, lives 21 miles from me and I've watched it fly past my front door.

This topic is kind of a placeholder for now as I have the Phantom, Lightning and Tornado F.3 on the go, which I'll be restarting as soon as my hayfever settles down. This will probably bumble along at the same time as my two Airfix 1/48 Aerocraft conversions, a T.7 and T.8M respectively. 

Good, useful info on XE688 seems very hard to come by so if anyone is able to add anything at all to help with my research please it would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 3

Ah ha! - so it was you that bought it , I'd been following this one on EvilBay , however since I'd just bought the T8M  conversion just a couple of weeks before , costing me my soul and my wife's  😉

Remember Fantasy print shop do some beautiful Hunter T7 decals  - which is what I did when I turned my T8C into a T7 a few years ago , when Fisher's products wern't as rare as unicorn tears ..

• Like 1

I'm watching a F9f-5 Panther , and Ill bet it'll go a lot higher that the 155 where it is at the moment , it's a good job I bought then from Fisher before the fire , , of well good times

You never miss what you've got until it's gone, ok it's a cliché , but its still true 

Luckily that's something I've never wanted but there are persistent rumours that Special Hobby are doing a Typhoon and Sea Fury in 1/32. We can live in hope 

As a quick addition, I was hoping to get a good look at this and maybe do some work on it this week, but apart from managing a few hours at Coningsby on Monday I've been absolutely flattened by hayfever.

Anyway - as luck would have it, guess what popped by Coningsby on Monday doing a long circuit out of Cranwell? XE688! I now have a very, very bad record shot of her from about five miles out, but at least I can say I have her on camera. Checked my records too and it's the first time I've caught a Hunter in flight on camera since RIAT 2015 :(

Cheers,

WV908