Lucky #۱۳: Imperial Iranian Air Force Hawker Hurricane (fifth instalment from "Hawker Hurricanes around the world")

As the fifth instalment of my "Hawker Hurricanes around the world" project, this is Asia's representative, a Mk IIc/trop of the Imperial Iranian Air Force. Iran received Hawker Hurricanes during the war, but I understand that this (2-13) is one of the ones received in 1946 and used as a trainer (which makes sense given its lack of armament).

y4mot5BeItf6q03j1UEc9gkdlI1OgyJZq7ft6rWGy4mZap8fZBsvYTb0zXED-OX8_QXwOrN_Exd6E4Bm

I used the Legato Mk IIc kit, OOB, with decals from Kitsworld (actually the spinner and prop on this are from an Arma kit, but I'm using the Legato one on the Arma kit, so it was just a trade). Tamiya acrylics on top, Vallejo azure blue underneath, and a variety of minimal weathering techniques used (panel liner, acrylic wash, oil exhaust stains, etc.).

y4mIU78ehgSwLp4_KvQ-O2G-nkkpQsCA4-IiJBvL

y4mLJq1xqtHEBmJmQK3802cGHoSdZeXdbj3w7jBu

y4m47aeo5Yu5_eUptp0V0l8wyi8UTFlX6niknj05

y4mgTaU5oCabmirVNUvORghpNVJhLPFsw1dviz_8

y4mPwxyz-IyWt3WvXNLv-BWYU2I--dv5wYTOuYgU

y4mBtGrc_hoAXLxLM3FZlq2qMRsJjDrtcfK1fDA0

y4mBESWVwq7VfF6wOiYo9Jt7kpPllOH9V0htvqxT

y4mbEpbK-r6VLhfw7twgNklLwa1VOZC2m-bQ8Jmm

y4mfzphECazJVWlkjwiMxHvuAoXqs9vK0lErYrdF

Here are some group photos with representatives clockwise from top left: North America (USA, Airfix Mk XII); "civilian interlude" (Hawker's test plane G-AFKX, Airfix Mk I fabric wing); Europe (Poland, AZ Mk I fabric wing); Asia (Iran, Legato Mk IIc); South America (Argentina, AZ Mk IV); and Australia (Arma Mk I metal wing). 

y4mF1PD3SyH3w_EV07yo8crirOMF5X6qaQoPkRJ7

y4mhMA4xeMlKO2SXVMSjZXxxa-4_uhBRPFMmfe9W

y4m7OsxZ47whpi6Gv77bCayx0cOQqY3ZTSviBKqV

I have to finish Egypt (Arma Mk IIc) and then phase one of the project, representing a Hawker Hurricane in markings from every continent, will be done!

• Like 18

• 1 year later...

This has been an interesting build using the category of continents.  I have enjoyed the planes you have depicted throughout the project.  Thanks for sharing the kits and a different outlook on a project build.

• Thanks 1