RED STARS GB ***@30. Now in the bunfight!***

DaveyGair

53 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Hi Jason, welcome on board. I'm sure your knowledge of WW2 Soviet aircraft will be invaluable, just got to get your book on Soviet bombers to go with the ones on my Fire10, very good reading and lots of info for the modeller.

Davey.

Thank you very much, Davey! I hope my knowledge of Second World War Soviet aircraft can be of some help in this GB. Warning: SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION! - I've just very recently had published my book on Soviet fighters of the Second World War called, rather cleverly, 'Soviet Fighters of the Second World War', for those wishing a bit of information on the actual aircraft they're representing in model form. And thank you very much for purchasing my books!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

that should be an easy one!

:think:

although, I already did once a MIrage F1 in Normandie Niemen markings with a BIG red star!

w7mPWEf.jpg

so you never know what crosses my mind until whenever ;)

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Learstang said:

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION! - I've just very recently had published my book on Soviet fighters of the Second World War called, rather cleverly, 'Soviet Fighters of the Second World War',

Any chance you could P/M me a link to where I can get it from ? I need to get a good book on Soviet WW2 stuff. Id like to start building some of them soon. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Any chance you could P/M me a link to where I can get it from ? I need to get a good book on Soviet WW2 stuff. Id like to start building some of them soon. 

I'd like to post it here, so other interested parties could buy it (or my other works). Look on Amazon - they have all my books. Amazon UK also have all my books. Thank you very much for the interest in my works!

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Andwil said:

Count me in, I have a few Russians in the stash to chose from.

AW

3 hours ago, Beazer said:

I have so many to enter into this group build

Welcome guys, you're both in!

• DaveyGair changed the title to RED STARS GB ***Over half way there! 22/06/2021***
6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Cheapest I found in the UK for a 'real' Hardback book.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313567907688?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313565590852?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Davey.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Major Flannel said:

Sign me up please. I have a Po-2 limousine mod or MBR -2, ANT -25, Vacforms I -153, KOR-2 and many more unbuilt or semi-abandoned so am very interested.

Thanks!

Welcome on board Major!  Remember the rules for entering a model into a Group Build, that a kit should be no more than 25% started to qualify 😁

Davey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Welcome on board Major!  Remember the rules for entering a model into a Group Build, that a kit should be no more than 25% started to qualify 😁

Davey.

The I - 153 (Rareplane) and KOR - 2 (MPM) vacs are still sealed at least, as is a Morane Saulnier typ G (sold as ICM's Pfalz E. IV), my preferred choice.

aerg039.jpg

Thanks for the guideline! Since I'm a terrible newb, is there an easily accessible GB rule sheet or somesuch, as to completely familiarise?

Best wishes.

Edited by Major Flannel

17 minutes ago, Major Flannel said:

The I - 153 (Rareplane) and KOR - 2 (MPM) vacs are still sealed at least, as is a Morane Saulnier typ G (sold as ICM's Pfalz E. IV), my preferred choice. Thanks for the guideline! Since I'm a terrible newb, is there an easily accessible GB rule sheet or somesuch, as to completely familiarise?

Best wishes.

Have a look here: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dermo245 said:

Count me in please Davey - will bring a US Navy Aggressor in 1/72 to the party.🤩

Cheers,

Dermot

1 hour ago, Evil_Toast_RSA said:

Wow, sign me up! Have a 1/48 Yak-38, Mig-17. La-5FN and a few F-16's (with plans for an aggressor scheme) and a 1/72 Su-25 lurking on the shelves of doom! 

Duly signed up, hopefully we'll get there for 2023!

Davey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/06/2021 at 18:06, Learstang said:

Thank you very much, Davey! I hope my knowledge of Second World War Soviet aircraft can be of some help in this GB. Warning: SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION! - I've just very recently had published my book on Soviet fighters of the Second World War called, rather cleverly, 'Soviet Fighters of the Second World War', for those wishing a bit of information on the actual aircraft they're representing in model form. And thank you very much for purchasing my books!

Best Regards,

Jason

I think I recall your name from those bitter days when folk became very angry regarding VVS colours; a Mr. Tessitori in the red corner and a Mr. P in the lime green corner? if you follow. 

Those were strange days indeed if you are that individual. Hope your book sells like hot cakes as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I don't suppose this is any good is it ?

IMG_5931

Picture from Scalemates

I think I'll need a roller and tray for the silver paint !

Cheers Pat

Good grief Pat, you don't do things by 'alf do you?!  I remember back in the 80's I had the M-4 Bison, also Contrail? Never built it and got rid of a load of kits back then, some of which I wish I had now🙄

Got the pop-corn ready right now mate 😁:popcorn:

Davey.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 07:41, Major Flannel said:

I think I recall your name from those bitter days when folk became very angry regarding VVS colours; a Mr. Tessitori in the red corner and a Mr. P in the lime green corner? if you follow. 

Those were strange days indeed if you are that individual. Hope your book sells like hot cakes as well.

You are correct, sir!* And I commend your memory! In fact, Mr. Tessitori did the fine colour profiles for my first two books, and some of his profiles appear in my latest book on Soviet fighters. Thank you very much for the sentiment regarding my books! My publisher and my humble self share these sentiments.

Best Regards,

Jason

*Ah, yes, lime green - I remember it well!

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

I have a very antique KP La-7 buried deep down in the vaults of my castle. Shall I collect all my courage and try to build this (for me) unusual object?

131796-42417-79-1080.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Learstang said:

You are correct, sir!* And I commend your memory! In fact, Mr. Tessitori did the fine colour profiles for my first two books, and some of his profiles appear in my latest book on Soviet fighters. Thank you  very much for the sentiment regarding my books! My publisher and my humble self share these sentiments.

Best Regards,

Jason

*Ah, yes, lime green - I remember it well!

OT Mr Tessitori was a very civilised gentleman, when confronted by the lime green faction. Please send him my regards although no clue as to my usernane during those tetchy days as we ran for the 4BO protective fallout shelters. : (

Could you link me your book details please? Very interesting even if VVS isn't my bread and butter now. I still use that Il-2/10 monogram brick of a book as a step-ladder or bodybuilding aid though. You recall the one.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Yes, Massimo (Mr. Tessitori) is a good chap, and I never had any problems in dealing with him regarding the profiles for my books. 4BO, Lime Green - it's all coming back to me. Factory Green, AII Brown, Tractor Green, ah, those were the days, when painting Soviet models wasn't constrained by the historical and physical record regarding the actual colours used.* Regarding my books, Amazon is a good place to start, that or my publisher's website - Fonthillmedia.com. As always I thank you and everyone else for their interest in my humble books. Why with this GB, my sales may double for this year (that may not be too far from the truth)!

Best Regards,

Jason

*I was actually heart-broken to learn that Tractor Green was never used on any Il-2s as I had a kit all marked out for it, the nice Smer single-seater. That bright Nile Green and black would have looked splendid amongst my drabber (if more accurate) models.

Edited by Learstang
Clarification.
  • Like 1

Good to see how popular this idea is already, and deservedly so too.

Great to have Jason on board too, we are definitely in safe hands there.

I have also just found an ICM Mig-3 that was lurking in the stash so there's a very good chance that it might make an appearance WHEN we get through the bumfight.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Davey.

Not to be a bit of a numpty, but if the parts are all off the sprues and cleaned up, but nothing has been painted or glued yet (I have a rather nice KP razorback La-5 in just such a condition), does this count as 25% or less?

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1