RED STARS GB ***@30. Now in the bunfight!***

DaveyGair

I've been collecting quite a few kits of WW2 Soviet aircraft lately and was wondering if anyone would fancy this proposal for a GB.

Absolutely anything that has markings/insignia/flag of any nation with at least one Red Star clearly visible, even kill markings.

Also, the Star only has to have at least some solid red in it, which I believe other nations have.

The Star doesn't have to be on its own, it can be part of an emblem or shield and suchlike.

Just to be clearer and open this up a bit, the Red Star doesn't have to be on a Military Aircraft/Vehicle/Ship, it can be a civilian vehicle, racing car, even an ancient warrior's shield.

So, anyone have anything in stash? 

Davey.

@DaveyGair #1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@JOCKNEY

@zebra

@Anatol Pigwa

@theplasticsurgeon

@Tim R-T-C

@Robert Stuart

@Marklo

@modelling minion #10

@GREG DESTEC

@Learstang

@DaveJL

@exdraken

@Andwil

@Beazer

@Major Flannel

@Dermo245

@Evil_Toast_RSA

@Toryu #20

@John Thompson

@Stew Dapple

@TEMPESTMK5

@TonyW 

@CliffB 

@Jabba 

@Foxbat

@alt-92

@Grandboof

@franky boy #30!!!!

• Like 4

🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️ OOOOOH Me Me … I have a Lagg 3, La-7, & Yak-9 that I was going to do later this year. I can hold them until this goes, as I want to add a MiG-3, I-16, and La-5 amongdt others. Would this also be open to lend-lease and captured re-purposed aircraft ? 

Absolutely! Just looking at my decal stash I can do Algerian, Belarussian, Bulgarian (Cold War era), Chinese, Georgian, Kazakh, Moldovan, Mongolian, North Korean, Yugoslav, Russian and Soviet air forces, all of which have some form of red star in their insignia. Then there would be a few US (and maybe other nations) aggressors. Plenty of interesting options!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️ OOOOOH Me Me …  Would this also be open to lend-lease and captured re-purposed aircraft ? 

Absolutely my friend, as I said, anything with a Red Star of some sort 😁

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Well it would be just plain rude not to

I've got quite a few big potential builds for this one, so plenty of time to choose.

Cheers Pat

Welcome on board Pat.

5 hours ago, zebra said:

Absolutely! Just looking at my decal stash I can do Algerian, Belarussian, Bulgarian (Cold War era), Chinese, Georgian, Kazakh, Moldovan, Mongolian, North Korean, Yugoslav, Russian and Soviet air forces, all of which have some form of red star in their insignia. Then there would be a few US (and maybe other nations) aggressors. Plenty of interesting options!

Exactly what I intended, welcome on board!

4 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I can do this - with either of these.

Academy-Mi-G23.jpg

Zvezda-Mi-G27.jpg

Count upon my support.

4 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I mean about 70% of my stash is Soviet so I'd definitely be game!

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

No idea what I'd build - there are so many options, both on land and in the air.
OK, I’m in, worry about with what later

Ok gents, welcome, and don't forget, doesn't have to be anything Soviet (which is all I have with a red star at the moment!)

Davey.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Neither. Something with a reheat ;)

Ooh! 70th anniversary Rafale? with a BIG red star on top?  Mirage? Nice.

Davey.

33 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I’ve a 1/48 mig 3 in the stash that fits the bill, count me in. 

Welcome Marklo, I have yet to add a MiG-3 in 1/72nd, apparently the HobbyBoss one is good, even though a snap together kit.

Davey.

3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Eastern bloc and allied Far East obviously, but there will be some US options too (e.g. Cold War Aggressor squadrons).

I think that will be the bulk of it Robert but it's open to anything, for instance things like commercial vehicles with a red star motif, racing cars/bikes, that sort of thing but I think we'll see a lot of Soviet and Eastern Bloc wingy things! 

First up for me, if this gets going at all, will be Special Hobby's Soviet boxing of their Boston with the replacement turret mounting a 12.7mm UBT(?).

Davey.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Ooh! 70th anniversary Rafale? with a BIG red star on top?  Mirage? Nice.

Davey.

Ow the cat is oput of the bag. Stilöl I hope some good soul releases the 75th anniversary markings, THAT would be a treat.

Of course there is the back-up option of a Belgian F-16, although there the star is in the squardon insignia. But it is quite red ;)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Ow the cat is oput of the bag. Stilöl I hope some good soul releases the 75th anniversary markings, THAT would be a treat.

Of course there is the back-up option of a Belgian F-16, although there the star is in the squardon insignia. But it is quite red ;)

Oops! Sorry about that Anatol😁

Whatever it is will look a treat!

Davey.

Definitely up for this as I really like Soviet/Russian aircraft and like building things from Eastern Europe too, I am part way through a Yugoslav Mosquito which would have fit the bill perfectly. Far too many in the stash to choose from at the minute so I will wait until nearer the time, though I have been looking at some decals in the stash for Yugoslav Yak-3's and Il-2's.

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Definitely up for this as I really like Soviet/Russian aircraft and like building things from Eastern Europe too, I am part way through a Yugoslav Mosquito which would have fit the bill perfectly. Far too many in the stash to choose from at the minute so I will wait until nearer the time, though I have been looking at some decals in the stash for Yugoslav Yak-3's and Il-2's.

Welcome on board. I have a couple of Il-2's and nearly all of the Yak's you can model plus other Soviet WW2 stuff and a few jets, endless possibilities!

Davey.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Excellent suggestion for a GB 👍

I have a couple of Soviets in the stash, so count me in please!

Cheers Greg 😄

And you're in! Welcome Greg.

Wonder where @Learstang is, surely a GB for him?

Davey.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

And you're in! Welcome Greg.

Wonder where @Learstang is, surely a GB for him?

Davey.

Funny, now that you mention it, I do have a few (hundred) Soviet kits in my stash. It might be time to actually finish one. Sign me up!

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Funny, now that you mention it, I do have a few (hundred) Soviet kits in my stash. It might be time to actually finish one. Sign me up!

Best Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, welcome on board. I'm sure your knowledge of WW2 Soviet aircraft will be invaluable, just got to get your book on Soviet bombers to go with the ones on my Fire10, very good reading and lots of info for the modeller.

Davey.

• Thanks 1