PE & Clear Parts

Simon Dyer

Hi Folks

Im just about to re-start a 1/32 Revell Hunter FGA9 that I had to stop back in May 2000.  

I have the Flightpath update sets for this kit.

My question is, how to glues PE to clear parts?  Not done a huge amount of PE before but I am aware of the dangers of CA and clear parts

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Si

Klear or another clear acrylic varnish.  Useful for non-structural parts on clear and styrene parts, TBH.  Even sticking two clear parts together, such as an armour panel to a windscreen.  just make sure you don't get any bubbles between them. :)

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Klear or another clear acrylic varnish.  Useful for non-structural parts on clear and styrene parts, TBH.  Even sticking two clear parts together, such as an armour panel to a windscreen.  just make sure you don't get any bubbles between them. :)

Thanks Mike much appreciated

14 minutes ago, tank152 said:

As you won't be hanging off them i'd reccomend using something like Klear for the job.

Thanks tank152 much appreciated 

If you need a bit more strength I've been quite impressed by Gorilla Glue Clear - very strong when dried and perfectly clear. I've started using it to attach clear partsas well as it has some gap filling capability and is stronger than PVA type glue. It does take a while to set though.

Cheers

Colin

10 minutes ago, ckw said:

If you need a bit more strength I've been quite impressed by Gorilla Glue Clear - very strong when dried and perfectly clear. I've started using it to attach clear partsas well as it has some gap filling capability and is stronger than PVA type glue. It does take a while to set though.

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Colin. I'm quite a fan of Gorilla glues so will keep in mind 👍👍

Si