F-16 SEA scheme.

Roger Newsome

1 hour ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I quite like that. It's much better than the A-10 wearing a colour-blind version of the same thing:

Thinking the same when I saw the photos.

I seem to recall a General Dynamics promotional artist impression of a Belgian F-16A in the semi-SEA scheme used on the Mirages and Starfighters of the Force Aerienne Belgique. 

Cheers,

Andre

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely illustration, but that's not it - it was a General Dynamics artists impression of a single camouflaged Belgian flying from right to left F-16 over a landscape, before the Order of the Centyury was placed.

I have an identical GD one of an F-16 in Dutch markings and RAL6014/7012 over 7001 colours, but with a sole windmill added to the landscape. Because... the Netherlands are just totally, completely covered in windmills, the pilot presumably wearing wooden shoes as well.  :D

Perhaps those would make good what-ifs.

Cheers,

Andre 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hook said:

I have an identical GD one of an F-16 in Dutch markings and RAL6014/7012 over 7001 colours

*wheels turning*  I could swear I've seen a model done up like that back in the 1980s - or was that even preliminary artwork for the early Revell F-16 (the FSD based 322 kit)?

Yes!

Proof I'm not crazy, merely pleasantly disturbed:

164430-12192-pristine.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slater said:

They can keep their "Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland" drivel. To me it's always Lackland Air Force Base. :D 

Except that Lackland does NOT have a runway.  The runway is over on Kelly, the other part of the "Joint Base".

Later,

Dave

7 hours ago, e8n2 said:

Except that Lackland does NOT have a runway.  The runway is over on Kelly, the other part of the "Joint Base".

Later,

Dave

Doesn't need a runway to be called an AFB (as it was for decades).

15 hours ago, Slater said:

Doesn't need a runway to be called an AFB (as it was for decades).

Oh I know that quite well.  Spent about five months at Lackland for basic and SP tech school, and then hung around for another month waiting for combat training.  They never had any slots for us out of tech school at the time so we were told to go ahead and report to our first assignments.  Kelly was still a separate base at the time and Lackland was known as being the largest air force base without a runway.

Later,

Dave