Bristol Beaufighter MkII

The cement worked fine but I had to remove the aerialmas it needed a little cleaning up. The tag left a bit on the mast that had to be filed off. I didn't see originally. 

I fixed the roundel by using an underwing roundel from a Seafire boxing. This kept the yellow ring intact. 

resized_79bc01fd-a6d7-4b37-bfce-5d2f91de

I'm not an etch fan but the 'towel rail' aerial is a thing of beauty. 

resized_bbc1ad61-c855-4d5d-9127-e7ab4325

Some more matt varnish on and this Beaufighter is done. Some final shots before rolling out for the gallery. 

resized_c8d58913-5924-4981-a63e-bb44e4f2

resized_09f39ad8-db63-42ad-93f2-e9b0d756

Including a gratuitous front on shot which shows the Merlin engined Beau is still a powerful looking machine. 

resized_fc736d86-961b-4fcd-94bc-536dcaac

• Like 6

Just now, jackroadkill said:

That's an absolute cracker, sir!

Thank you JRK, it was not the easiest kit in the world. HPM kits are nice in shape and accurate but boy oh boy they take a lot of work. 

2 minutes ago, 825 said:

Thank you JRK, it was not the easiest kit in the world. HPM kits are nice in shape and accurate but boy oh boy they take a lot of work. 

I've never had the pleasure of building one of their kits; as a relative newbie to the game I'm still wary of biting off more than I can chew (I also may have some sort of ICM Spitfire-based trauma, but that's another story).

• Like 2

A really nice result with that, I do like the look of it. I use the hypo glue, one thing I find is it helps to start each application, ie, each small blob or run, with a clean needle, which helps to stop stringing/ dags.

Steve.