1/32 Revel G-6.. plus Eduard Big Sin set

Hi Guys.

As some may have seen, I was going to build the Eduard 1/32 boxing, but wanted the engine cowling open to display the engine.

During research into this, I found the Eduard big sin set for the revel boxing. Originally I was going to convert this to fit the eduard kit.

But the revel kit is only £21, so Plan has changed. I'll still make the eduard Kit, but closed up in Flight.

But not during this GB, as I dont think I'd have the time availible.

So Heres a few shots and the start of Build 2.

MY2PgqL.jpg

£21, a lot of kit for little cash.

0Xi5hHQ.jpg

So this is the Big Sin set 

mRWM3Ru.jpg

ipI79IF.jpg

Qiuck shot of the detail on the engine cowling. To my eye's its detailed and so very thin, almost see through

abs5jpR.jpg

qrjYyG3.jpg

Couple of shots of the engine components.

So thats the plan,

If anyone wants particular shots of the contents, I'll happily post up the required content

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 8

Hi Guys.

Made a start on this one.

Started with the cockpit assembly, all the resin bits have been tidied up (still a little more to do). that took most of yesterday.

As you can see, detail on the side walls is impressively busy, even though most will be hidden away.

flCCrId.jpg

Fit is good at the rear, mating very nicely, but the Starboard wall appears a 1mm of so too long, so will need a bit of fettling.

1buFIGB.jpg

There's 2 IP included, one with moulded on instruments and a flat one for the PE panels.

Must admit I broke the control column in Half during clean up, but should glue back together OK, so no real drama, although a bit of swearing while finding the base on the patio.

I'll start assembling today, and hopefully have some sort of update later.

Cheers for looking, all comments, both positive and negative, most welcome.

Paul

• Like 8

There's a lot of lovely detail rendered in that Eduard set. This has all the potential to be a spectacular model :thumbsup:

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments about the Big Sin stuff. Looking forward to actually starting on the engine and cowls, but first must complete the cockpit.

So been beavering away at it, and have completed assembly of the base plate.

cy3C1KL.jpg

0NXNRKN.jpg

Doesn't look much in base colour, but 29 pieces of photo etch and 9 pieces of resin makes up the base plate assembly.

Still have weathering and washes to add, and hopefully, the details will stand out a little more.

3L4ngoC.jpg

Starboard side wall has had the first stages of paint. 5 colours so far.

Bit more checking with pics for details needed, but starting to get there.

Port sides not been touched yet, as careful planning for painting/building sequence is needed, hopefully, I'll start later this afternoon on it.

6GEHZ0Q.jpg

IP is coming along nicely. Although there's a few delicate  lever parts to bend, that's the job I'm working on at the moment.

Don't know how much will be visible of the final product, but all covers will hopefully be open on the final build.

Eventually I'll get to open the actual kit and see what it's like

Cheers for looking, and enjoy whatever your building.

Paul

• Like 4

Hi Guys.

Bit more work on Cockpit assembly, and subtle weathering. Pics are a bit bright so I'll try some more later.

BM3fVR4.jpg

4P4NlPs.jpg

And when taped together

VoNe2uj.jpg

0A1VbZ5.jpg

xLm0cSB.jpg

Just the Gunsight and rear access panel to sort now, and onto the engine.

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 7

Hi Guys.

More progress, and even opened the actual model today.

Finished up all the cockpit and canopy PE upgrades, I'll post pics later when they get used.

Tyres and Hubs have had their basic clean up, but more to do.

Started on the Engine, after a lot of sanding and coffee, we have this Lump.

yE1zI7j.jpg

cA2PHpG.jpg

3ltCTu7.jpg

jqaDihE.jpg

That's stage 1 and a little of 2 complete, there's 37 steps in total, and all ready looks amazingly detailed.

Also started cutting the kit panels and structure to allow the fitment, but still more to go. I'll post pics of the modified half compared to the unmodified when I get the first half finished.

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 7

Last Bit today..  well maybe some paint on engine later😉

One side of Fuselage modified, forgot to take pic of panel above wing root that's been shortened for new cowl. Still need to drill 4mm hole for Propeller shaft

Taped both sides together for comparison.

hsozhZ9.jpg

nldDQqk.jpg

Tomorrow will be second side trimmed and more engine work.

Hope everybody's still having fun

Paul 

• Like 3