CHiPs KZ1000 (Aoshima 1:12)

Hi All,

Once again, another GB completed hence sharing here in the WIP. The thread is here for anyone interested:

Cheers

Nigel

2m4xvg9%5D

2m4sN8z%5D

2m4BSW7%5D

2m4AAbe%5D

2m4C4RZ%5D

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

I noticed CHiPS is currently showing on ForcesTV. used to watch it as a nipper in the early 80s...not sure I dare check it out in case it turns out to have been bobbins all along...

• Haha 1

Just started seeing this show again on Forces TV ,all the memories come flooding back as a teenager wanting a bike like that ,sadly only got as far as a yamaha RD 250 ,but still got the feeling of speed .You have turned out a fine model ,just started on the Revell police bike the Harley Davidson, well done .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wombat said:

I noticed CHiPS is currently showing on ForcesTV. used to watch it as a nipper in the early 80s...not sure I dare check it out in case it turns out to have been bobbins all along...

Don't look at - I did and to modern eyes it's pretty awful.  Avoid it and keep the good memories.

• Sad 1

Had to stop by and say what an awesome build and finish. Absolutely looks like the real bike. Fantastic work sir!

CHiPs memory? Oh yes! I was obsessed with the show back in the 70s. I had a chopper style bike back then. Not a Raleigh, but similar, Italian made if I remember rightly and bigger than a Raleigh Chopper. I used to strap a big solid state AM/MW/Air Band radio onto the back of my bike with the aerial up and ride the streets CHiPs stylee seeking out crime to solve. Trouble is, the then leafy streets of Westcliff on Sea were a bit short on Californian highway style crime to solve, so after a bit of riding around with the radio tuned into Westcliff nick, I'd retire back home for a glass well earned of Cresta.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Had to stop by and say what an awesome build and finish. Absolutely looks like the real bike. Fantastic work sir!

Thank you Steve - Really appreciated :happy:

• 2 months later...

Hi Nigel. I hope you and yours are all well. Your KZ1000 looks absolutely stunning. Fantastic modelling all round. Brilliant finish! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 8/13/2021 at 4:49 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. I hope you and yours are all well. Your KZ1000 looks absolutely stunning. Fantastic modelling all round. Brilliant finish! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, All good thank you  :smile:  Thanks for you comments re. the build; really appreciated :blush: I've been a bit off the boil with anything new lately but hope to pick up again soon. Cheers. Nigel

22 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Very nice, brings back lots of memories from watching the show as a youngster 😁

Ian 😁

Hi Ian, Many thanks :happy:

21 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

Lovely build, it really does look the part!  Like many on here, used to watch CHiPs when I was younger and loved it....just started watching again, and yes its old, but still good!

Many thanks and yes, it still is :wink:

• 1 month later...

Great build. I  too enjoyed the show mostly for the bikes it must be said. I envied them cruising in the California sunshine on their big Kawasakis. Bet they never had ice forming on their arms or had their knees go numb from the cold.☃️

I was a regular target for the local bike cops. Many is the time the fun on my hooligan RD350LC was interrupted by a siren and flashing blue light. 'No sir, I wasn't racing that other bike. No officer I didn't rob the Post Office, just now. Nor have I stolen it.😇'

Happy days.🏍

Edited by noelh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, noelh said:

Great build. I  too enjoyed the show mostly for the bikes it must be said. I envied them cruising in the California sunshine on their big Kawasakis. Bet they never had ice forming on their arms or had their knees go numb from the cold.☃️

I was a regular target for the local bike cops. Many is the time the fun on my hooligan RD350LC was interrupted by a siren and flashing blue light. 'No sir, I wasn't racing that other bike. No officer I didn't rob the Post Office, just now. Nor have I stolen it.😇'

Happy days.🏍

:laugh:  Thank you  :happy: