Finnish Curtiss H-75; 1/32 Special Hobby.

Again digging in my past files came that Curtiss H-75A-3, bought from the German and which can be of French or Norwegian origin. C-560 was often flew by Finnish ace K. Karhila with 1/LeLv.32 in late 42. I only have those three photos left so... glad to share! Bye for now!

38117926725_c208eafb43_c.jpgDSC_0007 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

38117927145_391e44f1f9_c.jpgDSC_0005-1 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

38117927595_db2518cf4c_c.jpgDSC_0001-3 by jean Barby, sur Flickr

• Like 36

Beautiful - looks almost real. Why? Because it hasn't been 'over-weathered' like far too many models are these days!

If your photos were done in black and white rather than in colour I suspect it would be very difficult to spot the difference between the model and a period photo.

38 minutes ago, hopkp said:

Beautiful - looks almost real. Why? Because it hasn't been 'over-weathered' like far too many models are these days!

If your photos were done in black and white rather than in colour I suspect it would be very difficult to spot the difference between the model and a period photo.

Thanks for the comment , and yes over weathering is quite the fashion of the day, not my cup of tea anyway.

• Like 1

Hello Jean,

one more diamond from your work shop. Brilliant, just that.

I'm with the others; perfect finishing and weathering and stunning photography. Just noticed the small letter "w" on the fuselage side (part of the registration actually) highlighting that the airplane had a Wasp engine. This is a special subject for me as I knew Kyösti "Kössi" Karhila personally.

Cheers,

Antti

Well, Anti, many thanks for that as my modeling work is always linked with History and the men who wrote it. So if the little bits of plastic and a lot of Love are returning back to those guys (my father generation) then I will say I've done my tribute to them. Best regards.

• Like 1

OK, @Zigomar, now yer just showin' off! The H-75 was made for Finnish colors and markings! Beautifully done in all respects. One of my favorite builds was a 1/72 Monogram P-36A/H-75A-1 done in Finnish colors and markings, which started my love affair with doing aircraft flown by the Finns! If somebody makes  1/48 Morane 406, you can try for the trifecta! Well done! 👍

Mike