Blake's 7 Liberator Teleport Bracelet

Nice, pleasant build on a sunny weekend. Kit by Century Castings, painted with Vauxhall Hazel Brown. Something I have wanted in my possession since I was about nine ...

IMG_5664

IMG_5667

IMG_5666

IMG_5665

Standard by Six!

Edited by Tak5haka
Adding different image links
  • Like 13

32 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Lovely and quite envious but around about when I was fifteen I wanted one too but with Soolin wearing it :wub:

A point of order for my learned friend: Soolin only appeared in Blakes 7 Series 4 after the Liberator was destroyed and replaced by Scorpio which used a different design of teleport bracelet.    :)

Back in the day I followed Lesley Judd's instructions on Blue Peter and made my sister and I teleport bracelets out of sections of a plastic sqash bottle and some sticky backed plastic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Back in the day I followed Lesley Judd's instructions on Blue Peter and made my sister and I teleport bracelets out of sections of a plastic sqash bottle and some sticky backed plastic.

Oh yes, I remember that as well. I found this post online where someone has scanned in the letter that was sent out at the time to certain fans with the full instructions on.

https://peteranghelides.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/heres-one-i-saved-earlier/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

A point of order for my learned friend: Soolin only appeared in Blakes 7 Series 4 after the Liberator was destroyed and replaced by Scorpio which used a different design of teleport bracelet.    :)

Once I saw Glynis Barber in her jump suit I totally forgot all that had gone before !!

She looked even better a few years later in Dempsey and Makepiece IMHO

Mind you Blake’s 7 tended to be a male adolescents”must watch” tv program what with the other ladies as well

And I am so impressed that you know that stuff Richard. I’ve trouble remembering if it was porridge or cornflakes this morning

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnT said:

Mind you Blake’s 7 tended to be a male adolescents”must watch” tv program what with the other ladies as well

Servalan....😉

• Like 2

That's great -

One of my favourite sci fi programmes - there was talk some years ago of a remake but nothing seem to come of it ............

Regards

Dave

7 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

there was talk some years ago of a remake but nothing seem to come of it ............

Possibly a good thing if the "remake" of Flash Gordon at the early part of the CGI era was anything to go by.  Blake's 7 may look a bit creaky by today's standards, but that was utterly toe-curling :puke:

Nice work on the bracelet, just so we don't go completely off topic ;) I'm sure there was a segment on Blue Peter where they made one, or I may be dreaming.

The later metal bracelets and guns weren't half as good (or as easy to replicate) as the originals.  You just need to throw a bunch of old electronics and a hamster ball in a clear box and call it Orac now ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm sure there was a segment on Blue Peter where they made one, or I may be dreaming.

pay attention at the back.....

16 hours ago, Richard E said:

16 hours ago, Tak5haka said:

Oh yes, I remember that as well. I found this post online where someone has scanned in the letter that was sent out at the time to certain fans with the full instructions on.

https://peteranghelides.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/heres-one-i-saved-earlier/

which did have said clip in the link.... now removed by the BBC...    will this do you @Mike

EXLkyiOUcAEYuA7.jpg

which bring unbidden to my mind.....

"If 8 of 10 cats all prefer whiskas, do the the 2 prefer Lesley Judd? "    *

though this is up.....

* from " 99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd" .... and, yes, I had to look that up....

for those really puzzled, this probably won't help..

Now can  I be bothered to move the jenga of junk infront of the records to find said LP....

On a more relevant note,  after having found most of the series online,  I also found this interesting, if somewhat rambling blog

https://watchingblakes7.wordpress.com

some fascinating trivia...  for example

https://watchingblakes7.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/the-chairs-of-blakes-7/

Spot who is trying to put off some tidying up and cleaning......

PS @Tak5haka   the bracelet  looks great :goodjob:  

I don't think even Lesley  Judd could match that...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

pay attention at the back.....

How dare you accuse me... err... of ummm... what was I saying? :dunce:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IanC said:

Servalan....😉

If you don’t mind I am trying to concentrate on work ……… and that doesn’t help :D

She was quite erm how can one put it?  In charge perhaps. 

• Haha 2

On 6/8/2021 at 2:39 AM, IanC said:

Servalan....😉

Servalan: I'm just the girl next door.
Del Tarrant: If you were the girl next door, I'd move.
Servalan: Where would you move, Tarrant?
Del Tarrant: Next door.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, spejic said:

Servalan: I'm just the girl next door.
Del Tarrant: If you were the girl next door, I'd move.
Servalan: Where would you move, Tarrant?
Del Tarrant: Next door.

Me, too! Phwoar!

Time to lay down in a darkened room.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

I loved blakes 7 when I was younger! Still have the theme on my phone, one of my all time favourites! Great job :D

I loved it when it was first screened - the Monday evening highlight! And when it was repeated years later!

I found a couple of episodes on YouTube but some early ones are missing - I really want to get the box set!

Great stuff! :)

Cheers,

Mark

I've been watching it on a service called BritBox via Amazon (was on special offer for a couple of months) - all 4 series, plus a wealth of others (all the Gerry Anderson stuff, the Prisoner, Hitchhiker's Guide, Tomorrow People, even Catweazle!). Have to say still don't like the last series compared to the first (Blake's 7 that is - still not sure about Catweazle). This is why the episodes that were on YubTub have gone IIRC.

Edited by Tak5haka
Added info

15 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I found a couple of episodes on YouTube but some early ones are missing

11 hours ago, Tak5haka said:

This is why the episodes that were on YubTub have gone IIRC

they are all up on dailymotion AFAIK.  if you google "dailymotion Blakes7"  you get a load of options.   

I watched a load a few months back.   It has it's moments, though some perhaps better forgotten,    perhaps this got missed in my long rambling post 

On a more relevant note,  after having found most of the series online,  I also found this interesting, if somewhat rambling blog

https://watchingblakes7.wordpress.com

Has some very interesting insights and bits of trivia, but also has info on where things were filmed,  who were guest actors were, and what else they did etc etc

I found this in particular wonderfully obsessive. 

https://watchingblakes7.wordpress.com/2019/06/18/the-chairs-of-blakes-7/

Well worth a browse, but a bit of a rabbit hole ....   There are other fan sites as well....  which are an entire rabbit warren...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

if you quote, or tag a member, use the @

and the start typing their user name @Bertie Psmith  or @Tak5haka  they get a notification,  handy for notifying a member that  they have been mentioned.

HTH

T

Yes, thanks Troy. I didn’t do that on this occasion since  Tak5aka will be notified anyway that there’s a new comment on his thread. Three times now 🙂

Sadly I can't see the photos but having bought the kit a few months back, I know it'll be good. Alex does a fantastic job and I've built the earlier version of the Federation officer's pistol at Xmas. Looks good in the cabinet next to the Federation rifle I bought direct from Century a few years back.