Cote d'Ivoire Cessna Skymaster 1/144

bianfuxia

Fellow Britmodeller Dave - aka @rafalbert - incredibly kindly and generously sent me this Anigrand kit along with a bundle of other 1/144 "mystery kits" from some of his Anigrand model sets from the "Huge Bird" collection (for those unfamiliar, Anigrand out of Hong Kong makes resin kits and the Huge Bird series are 1/144 rarities like weird Russian bombers, concept or prototype bombers from the 50s, etc, and each set includes three or four "mystery" smaller kits, often of even weirder things and occasionally something you'd never find in 1/144, like this).

IMG_20210607_213843068.jpg?w=1352

You can see it's pretty tiny (there's a clear canopy, too). It won't take long to build.

I haven't forgotten about my Togolese Alpha Jet, and expect to make some more headway on that shortly.

But when I discovered a simple paint scheme for this thing as a 1970s example from the Force Aérienne de la Côte d'Ivoire I couldn't resist.

It appears to be a dark green on top, medium grey underneath, with a white stripe between them and then orange wingtips and tailplane tips.

I found it right here on this quirky blog:

http://exoticplanes.blogspot.com/2012/12/ivory-coast-super-skymaster.html

F.337+Super+Skymaster++TU-VAH++++Abijan+

I love the anigrand mystery kits and have built several before:

rfdefendd.jpg

rfmerlind.jpg

rfp1154d.jpg

Anyway, I hope to add the Skymaster to this little collection real soon.

• Like 3

Looks fun, look forward to seeing progress shots.

Its a pity they don't release these seperately, particularly if you want to make a particular model in a few schemes it is unwieldy to buy the same kit three or four times just for the extras.

12 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Looks fun, look forward to seeing progress shots.

Its a pity they don't release these seperately, particularly if you want to make a particular model in a few schemes it is unwieldy to buy the same kit three or four times just for the extras.

Yes absolutely and also because they are pretty expensive. Those three models I showed above were in the Nimrod kit, which was US$88! My Nimrod is half-finished - I used the little ones as practice because I'd never done resin before. 

First step was to hacksaw off the excess resin on the fuselage top:

IMG_20210608_110751407-scaled.jpg?resize

Fits nicely:

IMG_20210608_111123225-scaled.jpg?resize

Amazingly this kit comes with a full interior:

IMG_20210608_121716219-scaled.jpg?resize

But you can't see much through the windows so I didn't put too much effort in.

Through the beauty of superglue, it's now dry and to here:

IMG_20210608_123129495-3.jpg?resize=1387

Now it's paint time...

• Like 5