Testors Model Master Metalizer Sealer #1409 Alternative?

Saeran

Hi all, been watching a guide video on airbrushing metallics and it was recommended to use this product: Testors Model Master Metalizer Sealer #1409. This is unavailable in the UK, does anyone have a recommendation for a product that is comparable for purchase in the UK? Thx.

Mr Metal Color is a buffing metallic, like the MM Metalizer paint. Gunze recommend Mr.Top Coat Clear as a sealer for these paints. Perhaps that might work? For their Mr Color Super Metallic paints, they recommend their Mr Super Clear.

Fair warning: I'm a Mr Color fan, including their metallics. I don't usually use their buffing metallics, but will use Alclad for specific parts. I usually don't do high-shine metallic finishes, so I use Mr Color Clear (C46) for gloss, MSI Micro Flat, or MSI Micro Satin. I use a Molotov Liquid Chrome pen for parts like oleo struts.

I've tried the Alclad Aqua as a substitute for the MM stuff. It's not as good, but it gets the job done. Major downside is that Alclad's varnish tends to behave like a classical waterbased acrylic (tip dry) so experiment before going on important parts.

I've also used GX112 from Gunze over metallics and it barely changed the sheen, just don't use a heavy coat, or it will make the parts very glossy.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Saeran said:

Hi all, been watching a guide video on airbrushing metallics and it was recommended to use this product: Testors Model Master Metalizer Sealer #1409. This is unavailable in the UK, does anyone have a recommendation for a product that is comparable for purchase in the UK? Thx.

Testors has discontinued the entire Model Master product line. No more Metalizer, no more Metalizer sealer, except for those few items that might still be found in hobby shops and on-line.

Edited by Space Ranger