Special Hobby 1/72 Supermarine Sea Otter Mk.1 'WW2 Service' SH72429

Steve147

Has anyone built this kit?

If so, how did you remove part PUR3 from its sprue, without the whole thing disintegrating into pieces, as that is what happened when I tried.  

The instructions clearly show this part unattached from its sprue (section 10) - it will not fit inside PUR2 otherwise. 

I now cannot complete the kit, unless I somehow manage to conjure up some way of fixing the propeller to the part.

I've emailed Special Hobby and await their reply (offer of them sending me the completed part would be a start).  

Thanks in advance

Update:

After a relatively good nights sleep, I had a re-think, and managed to re-attach the parts together. However, being made of resin, rather than plastic, I had to use superglue.  At least, hopefully (fingers and other bits crossed), I should now be able to put the engine parts together and complete the kit.

I still think that the instructions that came with the kit could be more explanatory.

Pur-3 is engine i think. I cut it out using electric circular mini saw by Dremel. I remember the build  of upper wing/engine is not that easy...

Regards

J-W

Well I finished the model, only to find that there was no shaft to attach the propeller, despite the (rubbish) instructions showing one!!! So I have had to glue it to the engine.  Also, when I glued the propeller in the 'Y' position, as I think is custom, the bottom blade rested on top of the cockpit!! 

There was no way I had glued the engine in wrong position, as the whole of the top wing structure, (yes, JWM, it wasn't easy to build), rested perfectly on the supports.

Oh and no response from Special Hobby either. 

Many thanks

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve147 said:

only to find that there was no shaft to attach the propeller, despite the (rubbish) instructions showing one!!!

Always one needs to drill SH resin engines and add the shaft...That is a sad true about those nice models...

Regards

J-W