1/8 Heller Kawasaki 1972 H1-B 500

Hi all, here are the final pictures for the H1. It is not a shake and bake kit and far from perfect but it will be sitting on the shelf next to its bigger brother the H2 750.

Thanks for looking in on this 70's "snap crackle and pop" classic bike.

xgdohri.jpg
CMvkkzm.jpg
JcakjV5.jpg
PTImAbv.jpg
bNWUGC6.jpg
J7JFBVi.jpg
ZwRwAYv.jpg
vY5DWEW.jpg
VdhHYKA.jpg
vJF0v7i.jpg
tDSoRS3.jpg
UC3L1dt.jpg
VBpjxIp.jpg
4lnQN5J.jpg
RqHyYKa.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 22

• Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/8 Heller Kawasaki 1972 H1-B 500

Oh, those big beautiful clours of blue smoke. Run it on Castrol 747 and smell the racetrack with every twist of the throttle. You evoke fond memories Lee.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Another excellently built and painted bike Lee. Like that orange colour.Top work. 👏

Cheers Stef, Its my own mix, orange basecoat over a 2k white primer, then a light dusting of gold pearl, followed by candy orange.

Then 2k clear coated. Once that's had a day or so to cure I 1500 flat the clear and add the decals, then a final 2k clear.

The pearl is very subtle, it should look out of scale for this size model, but its looking great in the sunlight, just hard to photograph.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Natter said:

Oh, those big beautiful clours of blue smoke. Run it on Castrol 747 and smell the racetrack with every twist of the throttle. You evoke fond memories Lee.

Thanks, a time when the world was far simpler !!

• Like 1

Classic! I build the Revell 1/8 with this 3 cylindre two-stroke (500cc if I remember correctly) engine when I was a youngster - just glued together, no colour at all... Yours look so real.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...