1/72 Revell Fairey Gannet

Thank You, great work and inspiring. Will we ever see a decent quarterscale kit apart from the old CA ?? I mean to remember a certain manufacturer of injections molded kits in the UK, wasn´t there one ????

• Like 1

Lovely job there Guy. I love the chunky lines of the Gannet, and to my ears anyway, there was nothing quite like the heavy hum of the double Mamba engine!

Hope you get lucky with the front canopy!

Terry

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twinpin said:

Absolutely brilliant.. The colours look spot on, what paint did you use.?

Many thanks all,

Paint wise I use the excellent MRP range -  in this case their Sky and Extra Dark Sea Grey, although I did modify the Sky, it looked too blue against photographs of Gannets so I gave it a thin over coat of light grey to tone down the colour. Looks about right now -  to my eye at least.

Guy

What a great subject. Really nice work! The close-up of the cockpit hilights the very high standard of your work.

What  a wonderful Gannet,this looks absolutely stunning, really great work , got the same kit and was wondering whether to build wings folded or not, quite fancy the outstretched option now.  Shame about the broken canopy, fingers crossed for you. 

Chris

• Like 1

Excellently executed Gannet, looks nice and neat. The photography shows it off nicely as well. Shame about the canopy. I remember a few years back that a lot of these Revell kits had cracked canopies when people opened the boxes. I'm certain there's a vacform available for it. Or you could crash mold the transparency from the original parts. Good luck with that.

Martin

• Like 1