A-10 & F-14 Combined.

NoSG0

3 hours ago, NoSG0 said:

Would it be possible to recreate with a few kits?

Possibly but I think it would be a bit ugly from underneath. You would have to remove all the F-14 engines to get the tail to work but the picture shows the top of the air intakes for the Tomcat still in place. Oversimplified the F-14 is a high wing design while the A-10 is a low wing design so there would be a great deal of surgery involved. Plus you would have to create your own landing gear setup as the A-10 main landing gear is on its wings while the F-14 main landing gear is in the engine nacelles. If this were something like an A-10 crossed with a Phantom it might be a lot easier to make it work. And then there's the name, Wartcat and Tomhog are just plain wrong, so too is Tombolt, leaving only Thundercat as a viable option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gidday, I think it's an interesting idea. The F-14 engine housing/locations could be used for stores, extra fuel tanks etc and the undercarriage. How practical this is I've no idea, as I'm into floaty things rather than flying thingies. It's the idea that intrigues me. But after all, it IS a whiff.

Oh, and I rather like the name Thundercat🙂     Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...