1/72 AMT Mandalorian Razor Quest - Due "Late 2021"

Madoc

And the news for us Star Wars fans just keeps getting better and better!

Now AMT is bringing out a 1/72nd scale Razor Quest from the Mandalorian TV show.  No more word about it than this placard on display at WonderFest this weekend.

So, Revell has already announced they're doing one in 1/72nd as well.  And there's also the Bandai one - but that looks a very small kit from the imagery thus far.

Is AMT's a reboxing of Revell's?  Is Revell's just for the European market as was their Republic Gunship?

In any event, a 1/72nd Razor Crest is hella cool!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amt-razor-crest--1355671

1355671-21856-81-720.jpg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

IIRC Revell kit was announced as new tool.

It's true.

Something tells me, the experience perhaps ..., that the AMT kit will be of inferior quality compared to any.

Andrés S.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Didn't know AMT were still trading!

What is the timeline vs the Revell offering?

Might give a clue on who's reboxing who.

AMT name and tooling are owned by Round 2 now along with Hawk, Lindberg, MPC and Polar Lights (including some ex Aurora moulds).

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 06/06/2021 at 21:06, Bozothenutter said:

Didn't know AMT were still trading!

What is the timeline vs the Revell offering?

Might give a clue on who's reboxing who.

As AMT is Round2 as GreenDragon pointed out - have a look at the MPC Space 1999 kits. If the Razor Crest is in the same league I can only hope Revell of Germany will use the same tooling.

If ROG will go their usual SW kit philosophy it will be another SW kit I will not buy ;-) Would be a +1 for AMT.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Latest updates on the Razorcrest from Round 2.

They're now at the 3D printed test shoot stage.  They're still looking at an end of this year release but are not excluding it slipping into early next year.  So far, it's looking good!  This'll be a nice size to work with.  And it'll pair nicely with the 1/72 Moebius Orion Clipper due out at about the same time.

Razorcrest preview from Round 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 9/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, Nocoolname said:

That would go nicely alongside one of my Fine Molds 1/72 Slave One's. 🙂

And a little diorama action goin' on with figures of Mando and Boba Fet in full kit looking at each other as they stand next to their ships!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got this regarding my pre-ordered "AMT Razor Crest"

AMT & MPC - STAR WARS model kits – International Update

On behalf of the folks at AMT/MPC, we would like to thank everyone who responded so positively to the STAR WARS range of model kits.

The folks at Disney, who own the license for Star Wars, have regrettably not issued an extended license for the kits outside of North America thus meaning that we will not be able to import and sell the MPC/AMT range of Star Wars plastic kits as they will be unlicensed products.

Items affected by this are:

AMT1273 Madalorian Razor Crest

AMT1299 Tie Fighter

MPC952 Darth Vader tie fighter

MPC953 Millenium Falcon

MPC951 Boba Fetts Starfighter Madalorian

MPC950 At-At Empire Strikes Back

MPC948 X-wing - a new hope

MPC949 B-Wing Return of Jedi

We have no option but to cancel all pre-orders and all of the above items will be removed from our website.

We will be refunding all customers who have paid a deposit to pre-order the above kits

We apologize for this very frustrating situation.

Kind Regards

The Jumblies Team

I assume they will be offered on eBay and from retailers in North America, though that will increase the costs on shipping if nothing else.

jch

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

I'm not overly impressed by what I'm seeing in that video.  A lot of the detail seems very soft, although that could be down to the horrible silver plastic.  I'm sure there will be a burgeoning grey import market given a few weeks. :shrug:

As it stands now, I'm OK with my Revell one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phas3e said:

Ouch, I was holding out hope for this kit, but from that vid it somehow looks like an old ATM kit with poor fit and soft detail.

It's not just me then?  The only pro I could see from that jiggly camera wobble-fest was that the exhausts are already cut-out and there's a clear part in there to receive a lighting rig.  By the time the kit gets over here it'll be WAY more expensive than the Revell kit (at a guess - quite prepared to be proven wrong), and if it is, you could use the money to get some aftermarket engine bits for the Revell kit that I believe are coming out soon if not already.

Although the modeller in me always wants a better kit of a subject matter I like, I'm kind of relieved in a way that it's not the uber-kit we were promised from a purely financial POV, as they're not releasing it in the UK anyway, and it's not all that great, so won't cost me any (more) money.  Unselfishly, the Americans can probably still get a Revell kit for reasonable money in their neck of the woods if they agree it's the better kit.  For that reason Marjorie, I'm out :shrug: