AFV Club Scorpion 1/35

I've gone the markings for a Fallingbostel based vehicle after it had been for a cabby round Soltau.

A fun little build - I haven't done a WIP.  The only alterations are adding a shroud for the barrel out of tissue and watered down pva, and clear headlights (which I've ended up covering in mud.

The main paints are Mig NATO green mixed with a few drops of oily ochre and lightened black.  I intended black shading but got carried away with the green and lost most of it.  Quick Shine Floor polish for the gloss, Tamiya matt varnish for the final, black oil paint for the pin wash and Mig pigment mixed with plaster and thinners for the mud.  My first attempt with the pigment mug and I'm chuffed with how it came out.

y4m6hEhzgK8HYUqgBYLOxZOf3fjwG1rR7uLm7cNz

y4mmMW7hp8JxVvF-t7U8DSirecMg5EAPryyAABKf

y4m6YbIDj0Qyp5-xjXSoC0TUnpO-F-CR1TvHG54Y

y4m8HUxFoxQ54QmenTq5tHt5u4GMnU-fcLiZOmnu

y4m_eY71_XBUQbt2l9oz2-Z9N6Q3pKt6jZXm-7OG

y4mg1UVk1rRGJVXVWfF4bNlltbrcbJeM4CfE7usL

y4mNdYW4KulGhPFIG6Q1FN9cqux8HcfVo2baawUb

• Like 23

Nice 👍 and not over done. A clean vehicle that's got muddy 😁

I've got a soft spot for scorpions. Might do one when the current pile goes down a bit. 

Andrew 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, APA said:

Nice 👍 and not over done. A clean vehicle that's got muddy 😁

Andrew 

Cheers Andrew, that was exactly the look I was aiming for.  I spent 8 1/2 years in Fally so saw them trundling past enough.  Vehicles were never allowed to get into too much of a state - muddy on the training area, yes, but always washed down on return to camp.  If they started to get shabby they would be put them in for a re-spray or be brush painted.

Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivan-o said:

Very good, seen lots of scimitars nice to see a scorpion 👍

Cheers Ivan, for some reason I've always preferred the Scorpion.  Not sure why.  It might be making the Airfix on in braille scale as a kid.  It is small enough in 1/35, how in hell did I make it in 1/76.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trevor L said:

A very nice build and finish.

I've got this one on my wish list. I used to have an Action Man scorpion, so I've always had a soft spot for them.

Cheers Trevor. I'd forgotten about the Action Man one.  It's up there with the Johnny Seven on my list of toys I wanted but never got.