Another Finemolds F-4EJ, a blue one this time

Hi all,

Here's my Finemolds F-4EJ Kai Phantom II. This is the 8Sqn boxing with the blue camouflage scheme. A very easy and enjoyable build, and despite its finesse, it's much easier to build than the Hasegawa ones. Like others have said, the kit decals are a bit thick, but they settle down nicely, and you can't even tell anymore under the flat coat. Painted with Mr.Color for the blues and various Vallejo Metal Colors for the exhaust area.

22lc5sq.jpg

6cQxOUp.jpg

nm2Yhpn.jpg

Ikqhfnm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Pete

• Like 48
  • Thanks 1

Wow is all I can say! The JASDF ocean scheme has to be the most attractive one worn by a Rhino! How many of the FM kits do you have, anyway? No wonder I'm still waiting for mine to come from HLJ! That is one extremely well done model!

Mike

I really like it a lot, thank you for sharing your images of it. I have built the Hasegawa RF-4E in the  JASDF ocean scheme. Like others have mentioned I also have some of the Fine Molds F-4's on order and one in the stash already. I am looking forward to building multiple Fine Mold Phantoms in the future.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:08 AM, Creepy Pete said:

Thanks. I currently still have 3 more in the stash, the two retirement schemes, and the RF-4EJ boxing. I have the early F-4E boxing on backorder and the announced future versions all on pre-order.

Wonderful!! Will be a treat for me to see your FM Phantom collection as it grows! Will you be doing in-progress threads (I hope)?

Gene K

Hello Pete,

Fabulous paint scheme, excecuted to the highest standards.

It was a pleasure to study the model.

Regards, Orion