Roden 1/48 Brisfit in Irish Aer Corp colours.

resized_af21c661-da33-4ffe-8f0a-63a9440eThis is the kit, it’ll be oob as much as possible.

resized_95e8c960-fe0c-4305-a71d-ddefe9b9Sprues. There’s a nice decal sheet but that’s gone straight to the decal box as I won’t be using it.

6c7111f7-f4a0-4be3-b033-7350d2fab432.jpeThis is the scheme. Although I think it should be khaki not PC10.

• Like 8

I’ve been looking at both the Roden and Eduard versions of the Brisfit, so il be following this with interest.

• Thanks 1

Excellent stuff Marklo. I'll check out your progress with interest as I've got a Roden Bristol, although it's the standard engine version. Other than that I expect it's a similar beast with many struts and strings attached. 

👍

• Thanks 1

Now the observant among you will notice this is the Arab engined boxing and afaik the Aer Corp plane was Rolls Royce powered, however Im pretty sure the Rolls Royce bits are in the kit ( seeing as how there’s nearly a second airplane in most Roden kits to cover all options) or else the spares box will be called upon, and as luck would have it the Arab bits can be used up on the Scout F.

resized_833305fe-1af2-47af-b281-3f74c505This is my main reference btw, there’s a photo of the Aer Corp machine towards the back must take another look at it before work commences.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

I cant quite put my finger on it, however the IAC (as well as the Royal Rhodesian AF) have always taken my interest even though I have no connection whatsoever with either country. The Brisfit is such a classic WW1 aircraft and it’s good to see quite a few different Bristols being built here. May it long continue as the GB progresses. 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Like 1

resized_3d881882-370d-4327-9b6e-0153ddbbThis is that photo, notice anything? Yes it’s clearly not Khaki or PC10 either silver or pale grey and the nose most likely orange or red, hmmm.

Oh and definitely RR powered, and yes the kit has both sets of parts.

Edited by Marklo