Beaufighter IF Revell 1/48

Here is the latest progress. The landing gear is on as well as the engines. The landing gear is the most complex I have had to do. The parts are rather fragile as well

so it is a miracle I got this far. I'm held up putting the doors on because I forgot to paint the interior of them. 

You can see the one of the nightfighter Beaufighter's main targets in the cabinet. Do 217E

Beaufighter TF-X image9

• Like 6

Been having a frustrating morning.  I put the navigation lights on the TF-X this morning. It went perfectly until I took a second look. I had put them on the Wrong  way round. So off they came. No longer would they fit nicely and then one of them disappeared into the mists of time. Still I could use the one from the night fighter kit and make one for that later. So one more tripping step closer to the finishing line.

Next came the painting of the torpedo with Vallejo metal. Of course it separated even though it went on a base coat of Tamiya Nato black. It happens most of the time I spray that paint. 

• Sad 1

I will put up more pictures when the Australian Beaufighter is done and I have fixed the leading edge paint work. I hadn't noticed how bad it was till I took the photo.

The Australian Beaufighter has been panel lined now so is ready for the final flat coat.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the Malta Beuafighter is all but done I have moved the Nightfighter IF along. This is the final base colour. 

I've just mixed I Tamiya Rubber black with a dash of flat blue. The blue reduces the brown effect of Rubber black. 

I'm sure in certain light it will give the paint a hint of blue hue.

Unfortunately  the camera makes it look like a grey blue colour, so I have photoshopped the image so you see what I do in reality.

Beaufighter IF image4

• Like 6