Minion-schmitt number 2, Friedrich goes to Russia, via Hungary.

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Brave work and a good result Craig :thumbsup:

Cheers Col, and I am very pleased to be able to say that Minion-schmitt number 2 is finished as well!

Quite a frustrating build at times but I am glad that I persevered with it as I am quite happy with how she turned out in the end. Would I recommend it or build another? Probably, but only if you are planning to build one with the engine panels open as getting them to fit in the closed position isn't much fun at all. I am really happy with the SBS decals, they performed flawlessly and are good value too as they provide enough markings for you to build all the options on the sheet. Anyway thats enough waffle here are some pictures of the finished model, I shall also stick some in the gallery;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All that remains is for me to wish our esteemed host @Col. my thanks for his usual very high standard of GB and all of you out there who have popped by with advice, encouragement and kept an eye on what I have been up to on here a big thank you too, you guys are what makes this such an excellent site. As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 13

Craig,

That is a brilliant result. You really nailed the whitewash. Lovely effects going on with the variations. Very realistic. It deserves a diorama and, at least, a dual pic with your desert 109. 

Ray

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Craig,

That is a brilliant result. You really nailed the whitewash. Lovely effects going on with the variations. Very realistic. It deserves a diorama and, at least, a dual pic with your desert 109. 

Ray

Thanks Ray, that is very much appreciated.

I would really like to do a small diorama with it, its just finding the time as I keep getting caught up in GB's which take up all my modelling time at the minute. I will try and get a dual pic with the desert one done either later today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Top work Craig. That’s turned out very well. Well done. 

Im not sure why but I’ve always liked the look of the way the 109 sits when the wheel well covers have been removed. 

James 

• Thanks 1

Great work on the winter white wash. To be honest, when I first saw I did wonder how it would turn out! :like:

But please sort out the linkage to the ailerons, not sure exactly how the flight characteristics will work out but it won't be good!

Otherwise great 109! 

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, franky boy said:

Top work Craig. That’s turned out very well. Well done. 

Im not sure why but I’ve always liked the look of the way the 109 sits when the wheel well covers have been removed. 

James 

Thanks James. having the wheel well covers removed really does change the look of the 109 doesn't it.

12 hours ago, Touvdal said:

Very good winter camo you have done there

:yes:😀

Cheers

Jes

Thanks Jes, glad that you like it.

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Another Winner Craig :thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, far too kind as always mate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Great work on the winter white wash. To be honest, when I first saw I did wonder how it would turn out! :like:

But please sort out the linkage to the ailerons, not sure exactly how the flight characteristics will work out but it won't be good!

Otherwise great 109! 

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl, it is a bit of a leap of faith but I have used it on a few other builds so am less nervous of how it will turn out now.

I shall sort out the ailerons mate.👍

• Like 1

Excellent result Craig. Your leap of faith has proved to be a spring (or is it winter? :hmmm:) forward :goodjob:

Now, how's your stash for Hellcat kits?

• Thanks 1

Hi Craig,

I have always disliked white washed winter camouflage!!!! I swore long ago that I would never be tricked into doing one...ever!

But I have to admit that you did a fantastic job on yours. A great build and a super paint job.

In addition, that damn white wash is so easy to get wrong and then what? A disaster with wings?

So I have to congratulate you on a brilliant finish! Top marks.

JR

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Craig,

I have always disliked white washed winter camouflage!!!! I swore long ago that I would never be tricked into doing one...ever!

But I have to admit that you did a fantastic job on yours. A great build and a super paint job.

In addition, that damn white wash is so easy to get wrong and then what? A disaster with wings?

So I have to congratulate you on a brilliant finish! Top marks.

JR

Thank Jean,

If someone who doesn't like Winter washed camo schemes likes this then I must have done something right! The good thing about the one I use Jean is that if you don't like how it turns out then you can gently rub it all off and either start again or leave it in it's original camo scheme.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The stash remains Hellcat free I'm afraid mate.

I know a way to cure that if you wish :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are well. How are you doing at the moment? I am sorry I haven't been able to keep up with other people's builds but it looks like you have made an absolutely superb job of your 109! I love the whitewash! Very effective. :worthy:

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are well. How are you doing at the moment? I am sorry I haven't been able to keep up with other people's builds but it looks like you have made an absolutely superb job of your 109! I love the whitewash! Very effective. :worthy:

Take care.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks mate, you are far too kind as usual.

No problem with not keeping up as I know how busy you are both with work and running the LTAT GB, there are a lot of really good builds going on at the minute.

Health wise there's been no change really unfortunately. I still get very tired very quickly and out of breath and have all the symptoms I had before, I do have good days though just not enough of them. I am going to try to do the Victory Show in September, or at least some of it, a mate is driving me there and back so I don't have to worry about getting too tired to drive home.