Ferrari 250 GTO, 1:24

I pasted the previously made side window frames.

Frames made from scratch.

The idea was that the window on the driver's side was tilted and closed on the passenger's side.

In the F250GTO, the windows were sliding, not down. I have made appropriate handles to "maneuver" the shafts.

General photos, because the close-ups show traces of "fight" when fitting the frames to the body (oh, it happened ......)

The details will show how I can clean the glass at least a little.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

The stand:

spacer.png

001.jpg.3565ca4d8b5eccfdb00a33cb336273e2

Photos of the current state of the model.

Workshop photos, so dust, fingerprints, etc.

There is still a lot of work left, but something is already visible.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

010.jpg.0a0b3c4095756fc710425992585bc5a8

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

021.jpg.935c4e48598adff3c76048855da06639

to be continued

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Don't think we'll see any better Fujimi GTO's than this one - beautiful work!

Keith

I'm moving mine to the bottom of the stash to give people time to forget they've seen this one.😀

Absolute brilliant modelling Jacek. Bravo.👏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That's stunning mate

I had to check the scale as I thought it was 1/12 not 1/24 which makes it even more incredible 

The finish on the paint has such a deep shine as well 😎

Ian :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Don't think we'll see any better Fujimi GTO's than this one - beautiful work!

Keith

I'm looking at it and imagining the mess I'd have made, trying to work with such fine details.  😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

front

On 6/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Coppercat said:

Frame shape. Any other.
Unfortunately, I cannot say which frame is closest to the original one. I chose the Fujimi frame for further work, but only because I like it the most

spacer.png

I compared the set rims. The ones from the Gunze set are the best.

spacer.png

They have the disadvantage that their diameter is smaller than that of the Revell or the Fujimi. Accordingly, the tires would also have to be Gunze.
And here is the problem, because the quality of these tires is, to put it mildly, poor.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Revell's tires are more suited to an off-roader than to a sports car.
The only possible option is Fujimi tires.
The rims will be metal by KA-Models. The spokes are photo-etched, but so delicate you can't see they're flat. The manufacturer makes them in versions for the following models: Fujimi, Revell and Italeri.

spacer.png

This is a Revell version, so it will be necessary to add a suitable hub.
I will use one Gunze rim with a Revell tire for a spare wheel.
Initially, I made wheels with lids with a yellow Ferrari logo:

spacer.png

However, after comparing with the photos of the original (I think), I changed the caps to the following:

spacer.png

The caste has been cut out a bit (this is not the end of cutting 🙂

spacer.png

I covered the cut elements with 0.2 mm polystyrene strips.

spacer.png

To be continued....

Great work going on, Coppercat! but there are some issues on the wheels side... in the image showing all three kits wheels, I am positive that the "Gunze" wheels are in fact the PROTAR rendition, (IMO by far the best plastic wire wheels ever made!) and some 10 years (or more) later launched by Revell who bought the Protar moldings, that lost a little detail ( it might be the chrome versus the Protar painted option ); Revell added 4 more outer sides ( if you rotate the Revell fret you can see they are the same original mold but with the extra outer wheels added), perhaps thinking in an hypotetical future 1957 250 Testa Rossa .... Protar/Revell tires are outrageous and must be replaced... but, if the Academy 250 LM Ferrari tires are used, no aftermarket wheels are needed at all! The tires on the wright are (ridiculously) correct Gunze made, but it's wheels spokes are closed in the back side, one can not see thru it at all... a poor "wash" solution, or then an inevitable subtitution...

About these Photoetched wheels, I am affraid you forgot that Ferrari 250 GTOs have rear much deeper (and wider) wheels with a bigger tire diameter, so the correct option for this car is the MFH Ferrari 250 GTO wheels and tires set... Fujimi kit tires are totally wrong (as wheels are)... I think that these KA-Models 4 equal wheels are suited for the 250 SWB...

• 3 weeks later...

I can't trace the fuel line of the 250 GTO from the aft fuel pump/filter to where the yellow fuel line goes into the back of the dashboard. Does anyone know where it runs between those two points?