Revell Concorde Marketplace Salvage (£5)

Graham77

Evening all, I picked up this Concorde for 5 pounds off Marketplace on the grounds it was already started and fitted together too bad for the seller to finish😳

51223846839_39a59eaa3e_b.jpg

In this state I think it’s 25%+ complete however the seller was correct, the fit is bad and I also want the undercarriage down so I attacked it with a scalpel or two and after 45 mins I now have this..

51223293578_5d5379df43_b.jpg

This is now ready to tidy up and then adapt so the fit is better and add it to my other Concorde to then have early and late colour schemes. I hope this is within the rules and look forward to getting this would be throw away onto the finished shelf! 
All the best for now.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 21:59, Graham77 said:

I hope this is within the rules

Hi Graham. It certainly is and welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and I'm looking forward to following your Concorde salvage project! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is slow…but nearly back to how it started only with a better fit and much easier to fill gaps(I’ve built another of these and the leading edge of the wings to fuselage was a tricky joint there aswell)

51275445184_572b6171f2_b.jpg

it’s such a beautiful profile for an aircraft, looking forward to getting some filler and then some primer on 🤞

more progress soon hopefully

all the best 

Graham

• Like 8

Great stuff Graham

I bought the Airfix 1/72 version off a mate which he started with his son and then gave up.

I hadn't realised it was so big !

Best of luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

Jockney, thank you, I’ve often been tempted by the 1/72 as I think Concorde is just a beautiful airliner but never took the plunge…it sounds like one for KUTA a few years on the trot to get it finished off….I’m sure it would look stunning!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Graham. Great to see there's been more progress - even if seems to have been mostly been filling and sanding! I'm looking forward to seeing it with some primer and paint on.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 4 weeks later...

Defeated by time but hopefully this will be in a gallery soon

51430191651_8b4ee25058_b.jpg

and with an earlier and dustier (naturally weathered museum exhibit 😉😂)

51430427718_f4b3306424_b.jpg

Thanks for running the GB and hopefully this’ll be done before KUTA starts🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...