Trumpeter 1/24th Scale Bf 109G-6

Spinner all done

7l6uvu.jpg

Gloss coat applied for decals(It was all going so well by this point, little did I know the Horrors in store)

WIpMY8.jpg

It would appear  I must have blanked out previous reviews of this kit that the decals are an absolute Nightmare to work with, because they are, without doubt the worst decals I have ever tried to apply.

TWgfrH.jpg

The eye decals just fell apart on the model, the JG51 unit badge actually shattered like a cheap wine glass in the water!

A re-paint of the eyes later and not looking as bad,but God knows what I am going to do about the unit badge :( 

ty9Dig.jpg

Just have to soldier on I guess 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Carts said:

but God knows what I am going to do about the unit badge :( 

That's really bad. It's horrible when that happens, very brittle decals. I take it there's nothing left to salvage of the bottom half?

5 hours ago, Johnson said:

That's really bad. It's horrible when that happens, very brittle decals. I take it there's nothing left to salvage of the bottom half?

Nada,Nowt, the bottom half broke of into thin slivers :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Maybe see in the wanted section if anyones got any in the spares box ? 

Good idea,thanks

• Like 2

Ah damn! The paintwork is looking great and your repainting of the 'eye' equally so hopefully you can source some alternative decals for the unit badge at least :( 

Well I tried to source a 1/24th scale unit badge, but was unsuccessful, So in the spirit of "Necessity  is the mother of  Invention" I thought why not paint the design on to a round decal of a similar size and see if that works...................................and it did, sort of,need to do a bit of a re-touch but the build is back on. 

Ifad8R.jpg

dvbRC1.jpg

• Like 7

Getting to the finish line with the "Big G" still got all the Ultra-breakables to fit, and the canopy will need fairing in as a few noticeable gaps are apparent, and I need to source a base that will support the thing :)

And no doubt a ton of little tweaks and weathering ,but getting to the endgame stage.

ojEVUd.jpg

sqMxMt.jpg

5XqMNT.jpg

And did I, at any point feel the need to run around the house going "Dugga Dugga Dugga" Why yes, yes I did.

LLizW1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Been working on a base for the "Gustav" needed something fairly hefty to avoid the kit going from O mph to 100 small plastic pieces with a careless swipe from either my clumsy self or the dogs tail :) A big chunk of wood looked about right but was a bit featureless, picked up a few pre-cut numerals and letters from the local art shop, then dusted off an old 1/16th scale Tamiya Luftwaffe pilot figure I had knocking about.

Ybn3N0.jpg

xF9nKB.jpg

Not sure how to finish of the base, might just stain it.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

Looks Magnificent, like you have the full sized plane in your room!

Due to the lack of room, it seems like it sometimes :)

Picked up a few more letters\numbers, but messed up the measurements ,So its a G rather than a G-6🤪

ix2yA8.jpg

azNRLz.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Carts said:

All done and posted in the gallery,mmmmmmmm what to do, what to do 😀

What's next on your bench?

30 minutes ago, Col. said:

What's next on your bench?

Reckon I could crack out another 109😀 One with better decals though

• Like 1