Albatros D.V Wingnut Wings

Hello, this is my Wingnut Albatros D.V. Lozenge decals are from Aviattic, while the figure comes from the Copper State range. 

Wood panels were painted with oils over an acrylic base.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 68
  • Thanks 5

Some day I’m going to build a Wingnut Wings kit, but first my skills must improve enough to be worthy. If I could get mine to look even half as nice as your’s, I would be happy. 

This is a fantastic art work, it leaves me speechless. The detail, the paintwork, the figure, the vignette... incredible! I wish I could ever reach this level of proficiency.

Outstanding model DV

I'm also interest in the nails - are they decal?  You also appear to have added the leather padding around the cockpit opening which really looks the part.

Regards

Dave

You have done an excellent job bring this to life.  I am particularly impressed with the lozenge camo and the perfect job you have done on the edging.  Also I love the wood grain.  If you get a chance to reply I would love to know the color you used as the undercoat and the oil colors you used as the top coat - it came out perfect!

12 hours ago, theskits62 said:

Did you paint the nail heads on the ply ?

Here's how I did it: I rolled a riveter on a strip of 0.25mm transparent Evergreen, then I opened each hole with a 0.3mm drill bit. I then used the Evergreen strip as a mask and airbrushed the nail heads on clear decal film.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1