Lavochkin La-7, Czechoslovak AF

Hi all

This is Gavia's 1/48 La-7, built OOB using the kit markings for an aircraft of the Czechoslovak air force.  The Czechs received a number of La-7s from the Soviets at the end of the war, which they continued flying until around 1950.  Quite a good kit, fairly simple, although I think the undercarriage oleos have been cast at full extension (ie un-weighted), which makes the model sit slightly nose-high.  Probably fixable, but I didn't try.  I also made a mistake mixing up two of the roundels - as I understand it the red section should face either inwards (on the wings) or downwards (on the tail) - silly error, mainly because I didn't bother to check first.  I'll get it right next time ;) 

2gn3W6A.jpg?1

uGG0PSi.jpg?1

KX5xBY9.jpg?1

uA5APrK.jpg?1

VP0uXxc.jpg

YPowz8m.jpg

YCMCGnM.jpg

07vBOZ3.jpg

• Like 17

It looks very good as it is.

I built the kit a while ago and also found the u/c too long. So I decided to shorten them and failed miserably. You did well to leave them as they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VolkerR. said:

It looks very good as it is.

I built the kit a while ago and also found the u/c too long. So I decided to shorten them and failed miserably. You did well to leave them as they are.

I think you're right.  Clipping and shortening the legs themselves would have been ok, but the covers are one-piece, so would be less straightforward.  

Beautiful Lavochkin.

Judging from the photos it looks way better than my La-7 from Hobbycraft/Academy in shape.

• Like 1