Bf 109 E drawings

baldwin8

Seems not all drawings/blueprints are created equal. Could someone point me in the direction of good set of Bf 109E drawings just of the external views.

Asked the same a while ago, all drawings are suspect!

Was looking for the layout of hatches on Jumo 109 wings....no set of drawings agreed with either the kit or each other.

Cross refencing with pictures tells me why....no clear pics of some area's 1🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

Asked the same a while ago, all drawings are suspect!

Thank you for the quick reply. I came across a two part article on the Large Scale Planes site "Messerschmitt Bf 109 E Comparison Part 1" which will help. A shame nothing is available. 

The fact is:

In my young years we had access to exact german drawings, in books and scribts of our engineering college in Austria.

More drawings were at archives of  companies which took part of the war effort. Most was burned in the years after the 1960s, so far they survied that long.

Mpst drawings were taken by allies. Some others as souvenirs. Today, if you work with warplanes, it is difficult to get a good set of drawings.

This is the only link: Ask this people from restauration teams, to get a copy.

Most of scetches in the web is waste!

Maybe, this hint is helpful.

Happy modelling 

• Like 3

As it seems no particular set of plans is 100% accurate then to paraphrase a well used quote 'if it looks right it probably is' which certainly works for me. I have three of the Special Hobby Bf109E's to build and presumably they would have used plans every bit as good if not better than the ones I have access to so unless something is glaringly off I'm happy to go with them. That said I do have the plans by J D Carrick from the old Aircraft Archive Volume 1 publication and which were also reproduced in Scale Modeller for their BoB series back in 1980 just in case.

Regards

Colin.

Valiant Wings  Airframe & Miniature No.5  The Messerschmitt Bf109  Early Series  VI to E-9  by Richard Franks has excellent E-1  1/48th scale plans with the book.

Valiant Wings  Airframe & Miniature No.5  The Messerschmitt Bf109

You may be right. But T-21, do you have any reference to make sure, that this drawings realy are accurate?

Since nice drawings do not have to be correct.

3D renders must have a 2D origin.

I could not make out any reliable source, what you suggest.

Or do you know more?

Happy modelling

• Like 1