Hasagawa 1/32 109 F.

Looking good, but that Pilot is going to have a stern word with his crew chief, leaving mucky boot prints allover the place 🤪

(Joking aside thats a nice touch btw)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Longbow said:

I learned a lot, and struggled a lot

Life should be a challenge! ;)

Looks really good, superb finish and weathering. :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Rib Man said:

That turned out really good!  I really like the mottling and the bare metal chipping.  It looks great without being overdone.

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Top Job sir ! :thumbsup:

Thank you both !!

Still working on getting a clean bench :D

• Like 1

Looks great. A lot of nice detail effects.

5 hours ago, Carts said:

but that Pilot is going to have a stern word with his crew chief, leaving mucky boot prints allover the place 

In terms of mud on the wings: 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Radio_mechanics_testing_the_VHF_transmitter-receiver_in_a_Hawker_Hurricane_Mk_I_of_No._601_Squadron_RAF_at_Exeter,_Devon,_November_1940._CH1636.jpg

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely result Lee :goodjob:

15 hours ago, Longbow said:

Just waiting for the Hellcat GB now :D

There's still a few weeks to get that bench clean and maybe fire in another wee 109 project while you're waiting. Or perhaps a simple armour project in the Africa GB ;) 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Col. said:

Lovely result Lee :goodjob:

There's still a few weeks to get that bench clean and maybe fire in another wee 109 project while you're waiting. Or perhaps a simple armour project in the Africa GB ;) 

Thanks for that, Col !!

I actually just ordered decals for an Aussie Spit MkVIII. 

I plan on converting the Revell XI to an VIII, to see how that goes. 

The Trumpeter Hellcat came in yesterday, and it looks like a very nice kit, but the seat is a short shot. 
I may have to fix that prior to the GB starting. 

Thoroughly enjoyed this 109 GB, and it gave me a chance to push my limited skills.
I also learned a few things, like the safety of sanding primer and paint, and taking time with joints and fit issues. 

I’m not sure yet where to go with the Hellcat, but I’ve been looking at the Guadalcanal F6-3’s that have extremely heavy weathering and patched paint.  

Edited by Longbow
  • Like 1

"limited skills"!?! :blink2: Your finished 109 shows no evidence of a limited skill-set @Longbow :lol:

As for your Hellcat; you have the 25% rule to allow some work being done on the kit prior to the GB starting and fixing the short-shot seat will be well within that mark :) The scratched and patched paintwork of a Guadalcanal machine will certainly make for an interesting subject and allow you to showcase those "limited skills" of yours to great effect again ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2021 at 09:34, Longbow said:

Darryl !!

Glad to see you posting a little !! And always great to see you !! ;)

Thanks for stopping by.... Now....

Are you joining us for the F6 Hellcat GB ? :D

It's going to be exciting !!

Must say Lee your 109 looks great, if only I had the time.....

Hellcat you say....is that another one of those with the planks either side of the hull and a big fan up front?🤔

Sure I've a few eduard and Hasegawa ones knocking around, If only I had the big airfix one! 

A Phantom or Tomcat has a certain appeal though...

Can't see much modelling getting done before August,  haven't even looked at a kit in the last 2 months! 😥

Anyway as I mentioned, you've done a brilliant job on the 109, surprised the Eaglecal decals didn't perform. I used them on a 190 years ago and they behaved perfectly.

Nice to see an F too btw

Just be careful you don't get black balled from the armour section! 🤫

Atb and take care.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Superb result👍

That's a great looking 109, well done 🍺

Thank you, Greg !!

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Must say Lee your 109 looks great, if only I had the time.....

Hellcat you say....is that another one of those with the planks either side of the hull and a big fan up front?🤔

Sure I've a few eduard and Hasegawa ones knocking around, If only I had the big airfix one! 

A Phantom or Tomcat has a certain appeal though...

Can't see much modelling getting done before August,  haven't even looked at a kit in the last 2 months! 😥

Anyway as I mentioned, you've done a brilliant job on the 109, surprised the Eaglecal decals didn't perform. I used them on a 190 years ago and they behaved perfectly.

Nice to see an F too btw

Just be careful you don't get black balled from the armour section! 🤫

Atb and take care.

Darryl, Darryl, Darryl....

You need to come back to the hobby soon !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

That's come together beautifully Lee,great job all round!

Thank you, Steve !!

I’ve made a start on the next one,  but I’m not starting a WIP, until I have the wing adjustments made. If they don’t come out right, it won’t be worth moving forwards. 

• Like 2